copycat cables?

Andrew JC

copycat cables?
« on: 24 May 2004, 07:38 pm »
From what I gather this guy is from your neck of the woods.  http://www.copycatcables.com I have sent him 2 emails over the past four days and not heard a thing. I'm just looking for a cheap digital coax cable. Thanks...andy

Scott F.

Re: copycat cables?
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2004, 01:21 am »
Hi Andy,

Quote from: Andrew JC
From what I gather this guy is from your neck of the woods.  http://www.copycatcables.com I have sent him 2 emails over the past four days and not heard a thing. I'm just looking for a cheap digital coax cable. Thanks...andy

Interesting. Never heard of these guys before. I'd be a little leary. This guy uses an email address at Yahoo and doesn't list a phone number or an address.

Caviat emptor are the words of the day.

pjchappy

copycat cables?
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2004, 01:25 am »
If you are looking for a cheap digital cable, check out signalcable.com. . . $30 and supposed to be pretty decent. . .

p

Andrew JC

copycat cables?
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2004, 01:34 am »
ScottF, I found about these cables over at audio asylum. I still have not heard a thing from him so yes Signal cable is starting to look good right about now. I have a Panasonic SA-XR25 that should showing up by Wednesday and no cables to hook it up to  :(

Rocket

signalcable
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2004, 09:53 am »
hi,

if you don't want to spend a lot of money i second signalcables.  They have a good reputation on the internet.

regards

rod

Andrew JC

copycat cables?
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2004, 02:22 pm »
Well I went to Signal Cables website to order the digital cable. Of course the site is down  :evil:  I think it's a conspiracy!!! In the meantime I'll try to find some cheap speaker cables.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
copycat cables?
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2004, 03:59 am »
If you're looking for a digital cable at a good price, I have a few extra Apature cables that I forgot were even there. They are actually brand new and still in original packaging.
  I have some coax digital which are Silver and some of their digital optical. I would let either one go for $40 including shipping.
 Another good option, which I am currently using with my CD recorder is the Dayton digital cables available from partsexpress. Not a bad cable for the money.

Andrew JC

copycat cables?
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2004, 11:59 am »
Bill, Thank you for the offer but I pulled the trigger on the Signal cable  :( . Now I'm looking for cheap very cheap speaker cable...anything but Monster!!! Thanks everyone for your help.

pjchappy

copycat cables?
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2004, 06:06 pm »
Quote from: Andrew JC
Now I'm looking for cheap very cheap speaker cable...anything but Monster!!!

Ummmmm. . .Signal cable  :lol: http://signalcable.com/speaker_cable_list.html

$69 for a 6-foot pair.

p

Andrew JC

copycat cables?
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2004, 07:24 pm »
I know I saw those cables as well. At this point in time I have not set up the system yet so I’m unsure what length of cable I need. I’m guessing I’ll need a 10’ pair which should put the Signal cable at around $80 or $90. Granted that’s not huge money but the Panasonic receiver I bought was $135. I don’t want the audiophile police kicking down my door because the ratio of component to cable costs is out of balance!!  I’m looking at maybe the Zu Cable Gauge or Stinger wire at Ebay.