Bryston&Kef Reference 207/2

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Bryston&Kef Reference 207/2
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2010, 09:54 pm »
:bounce: Just got an email from Kef...my Reference 207/2s have been shipped from NJ today  .....counting the days now :bounce: :bounce: 

Cool! Now, what's the rest of your system again?

VOLKS

« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2010, 09:59 pm »
Cool! Now, what's the rest of your system again?

Bryston 4BSST2 Amp and BP 26 MC-MM PreAmp(with Remote) and Bryston BCD 1 CD Player(with Remote)-along with a Krell KID I-Pod Dock-ClearAudio Concept TT with Maestro Cartridge...everything is plugged into a Torus CS 15S power conditoner/surge protector-Bryston XLR's and Phantom Bi Wire Speaker Wire.All Components sit on a 5 Piece Solid Tech Sound of Silence Audio Rack and my current speakers are Kef XQ 40's

vegasdave

« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2010, 10:02 pm »
Cool! Great system! How do you like the Clearaudio tt? Whenever it is that I upgrade from my Technics, Clearaudio is definitely on my list...

VOLKS

« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2010, 10:05 pm »
Cool! Great system! How do you like the Clearaudio tt? Whenever it is that I upgrade from my Technics, Clearaudio is definitely on my list...

I am enjoying the sound of the Clearaudio TT vastly over my previous Project Debut III.........of course the
 Maestro Cartridge makes a huge diff compared to the stock cartridge that comes with the Clearaudio Concept TT .

vegasdave

« Reply #24 on: 19 May 2010, 10:07 pm »
Ok, cool. Where does the Concept fit into the Clearaudio line? Low end, middle?

VOLKS

« Reply #25 on: 19 May 2010, 10:09 pm »
Ok, cool. Where does the Concept fit into the Clearaudio line? Low end, middle?

Its considered their Entry level TT(with the stock cartridge)........opting for the Maestro Cartridge takes the TT to a whole new level.

vegasdave

« Reply #26 on: 19 May 2010, 10:10 pm »
Oh alright. Cool, sounds good!

WBimmer

« Reply #27 on: 20 May 2010, 01:45 am »
Congrats Volks!!

Where did you buy them from??  I thought Visions was the only dealer in town and it doesn't seem logical to buy such a speaker from Visions...

I'm interested to hear what you think of them??

Wayne.

VOLKS

« Reply #28 on: 21 May 2010, 12:17 am »
Congrats Volks!!

Where did you buy them from??  I thought Visions was the only dealer in town and it doesn't seem logical to buy such a speaker from Visions...

I'm interested to hear what you think of them??

Wayne.

I ordered them from Visions in Airdrie.

VOLKS

« Reply #29 on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:10 am »
My 207/2's have finally found their way to my home..........now time to unpack and hook them up.

VOLKS

« Reply #30 on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:15 am »
All setup and playing Sade's new Album Soldier of Love...........First Impressions-Straight out of the box they image amazingly well........even better then my previous Kef XQ 40's..........They are very close to the walls(I will be moving next year to a new house with a much bigger listening room).....on the back of the speaker KEF has a LF Adjustment Cap on each speaker.......when the cap is removed from the LF Adjust terminal the bass level is reduced to correct the loudspeaker response for the proximity of the wall......personally i think this is a wonderful feature.....they do not "Boom" or "Resonate"..........it really helps in my case(i have them 7 feet apart and close to my wall)......once i move i will replace the cap in my larger room and move them out from the wall.

John Atkinson of Stereophile was right........"Midrange to Die for!"........the Midrange for me was so Silky Smooth on Diana Krall's "The Girl in the Other Room" CD.........while hearing her sing "Departure Bay" i got Goosebumps.......man oh man......these speakers truely are a Reference Speaker.The bass extension and definition in my current room from these speakers amaze me..............i can only imagine how they will sound when i move to my much bigger listening room.

I am so very,very happy i bought these Kef 207/2's............all of this very positive rant......and to think...they are not even broke in yet!!!!

vegasdave

« Reply #31 on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:17 am »
Cool!  :thumb:  8) And the 4B is enough to drive them?  :D

VOLKS

« Reply #32 on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:26 am »
Cool!  :thumb:  8) And the 4B is enough to drive them?  :D

They are efficent speakers   8 Ohms-91 DB........their owners manual suggests an Amplifer between 50-400Watts......i must say.....so far-so good power wise with the 4BSST2....... :thumb:

vegasdave

« Reply #33 on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:32 am »
Well, that's great you don't have to get a bigger and more expensive amp.

WBimmer

« Reply #34 on: 12 Jun 2010, 04:14 am »
They're huge...  and they look fantastic.

I bet they were fun getting into the house...

Try facing them staight on and see how they image.  I have mine straight on and they sound better than toed in.  I find the tweeter is very bright and having them fire past me reduces it for me.

Wayne.

VOLKS

« Reply #35 on: 12 Jun 2010, 04:18 am »
They're huge...  and they look fantastic.

I bet they were fun getting into the house...

Try facing them staight on and see how they image.  I have mine straight on and they sound better than toed in.  I find the tweeter is very bright and having them fire past me reduces it for me.

Wayne.

Interesting Wayne.....im going to try that and see what transpires sound wise.........although i have not found the tweeter to be bright thus far.

werd

« Reply #36 on: 12 Jun 2010, 04:43 am »
Looks really nice Volks  :thumb:

VOLKS

« Reply #37 on: 12 Jun 2010, 04:55 am »
Looks really nice Volks  :thumb:

Thank You Werd  :D

Ryanz

« Reply #38 on: 12 Jun 2010, 05:16 am »