could bryston make a patch for the hddvd audio problems?

sikoniko

I know this is not brystons problem, but could you look into making some kind of a patch that boosts the volumes on the analog inputs so I dont have to watch an hddvd dd+ movie at a volume setting of -5 to +5? maybe a +10 db boost that can be activated and deactivated by a remote sequence? that way I dont have to listen to my sub hiss.. thanks for listening.

Phil A

Re: could bryston make a patch for the hddvd audio problems?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2006, 03:21 am »
I suspect when and HDMI connector with HDMI 1.3 is part of the pkg. that will go away.  Other than that perhaps a used Sony TA-P9000ES which has multiple 5.1 inputs and two with analog level controls might work, although it won't be cheap.  Bryston would likely have to mess with their analog output stage and even if they would add it to their list of things to do it would likely not be something cost effective given the rapid changes in these source products.  Perhaps the player manuf. can help.  Toshiba already has a ($500) successor in the works that is supposed to be shown at CEDIA in Sept. and if all goes well in testing, pre-orders in Oct. and delivery in Jan.