LIO Tube Stage

radarnyc

Re: LIO Tube Stage
« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2015, 02:44 pm »
Vinnie, do you any sonic comparisons of the tube stage and the autoformer stage?

Vinnie - +1 on this question but maybe some sonic description of no tube stage, tube stage and AVC. Also, can you post an amatueur photo of the AVC?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #21 on: 23 Feb 2015, 04:10 am »
Vinnie - +1 on this question but maybe some sonic description of no tube stage, tube stage and AVC. Also, can you post an amatueur photo of the AVC?

Hi radarnyc and OzarkTom,

I'll try my best to get this all to you this coming week!

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

« Reply #22 on: 24 Feb 2015, 11:55 pm »
Hi radarnyc and OzarkTom,

I'll try my best to get this all to you this coming week!

Like this:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=132725.0

:wink:

firedog

« Reply #23 on: 6 Apr 2015, 01:12 pm »
Vinnie-
Any thought to setting up the tube stage so that it can stay "on"(warmed up), but not wear out the tube? I know some tube equipment is designed this way. I'm asking because some of us prefer to leave amplifiers on 24/7; if the tube preamp needs to be turned off to save the tubes, then we would need to also turn off our amps.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #24 on: 6 Apr 2015, 04:22 pm »
Vinnie-
Any thought to setting up the tube stage so that it can stay "on"(warmed up), but not wear out the tube? I know some tube equipment is designed this way. I'm asking because some of us prefer to leave amplifiers on 24/7; if the tube preamp needs to be turned off to save the tubes, then we would need to also turn off our amps.

Hi firedog,

You can do this already - simply leave LIO turned ON all the time (and you can turn OFF the speaker outputs separately).

So the choice is yours  :wink:

Vinnie