Advice for forum new-guy and MM(1) Owner..

mashaughn

Advice for forum new-guy and MM(1) Owner..
« on: 6 Feb 2004, 06:42 pm »
Hello all...

I believe I own the original MM1's Reference 3A speakers (the back of the speaker reads "MM Series Master" and they were made in France).  If anyone can confirm this I would appreciate it.  Can anyone confirm that the finish of these speakers is a corian material (mine feels metallic more than corian)?  If so, are there any recommended ways for maintaining and/or caring for the speaker exteriors/finishes?  In the 15+ years I've had mine, I've found that the finish on the corners is starting to chip and peel.  

Great forum.  Thanks in advance for your help advice[/i]

cyounkman

MM1's?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2004, 05:33 am »
Hi. Welcome to the circle. I will see what see what I can dig up...

What are you powering them with?

Cheers.

cyounkman

Response from Divergent
« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2004, 03:58 pm »
Hi. I've found out the following from Divergent:

Quote from: Tash Goka
MM (Midi Master [monitor]) was the first 3A model with direct coupled main driver. It sold very well around the world. Studio Master, Royal Master are all variations and  MM De Capo-I is the latest reincarnation of this model.

The finish I believe was lacquer based two part hard paint. It can be cleaned with a soft moist cloth but if the paint is chipped there is not much can be done, except perhaps sand it down and spray a new coat of paint on it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to Tash for providing the info.

BTW, mashaughn, I'd love to see some pics of your MM's if you've got a digital camera handy...

mashaughn

Thanks, Chris!!
« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2004, 05:17 pm »
Chris...

Thanks for tracking down the advice re: the care and maintenance of MM finishes.  Apparently there isn't much to be done re: the peeling/cracking around the edges, but I appreciate your follow-thru.

As far as what I'm powering them with, you'll be disappointed to know that it's just a crummy low-end solid-state Yamaha.  Based upon what I've heard here, I certainly need to upgrade if I want to get the most out of my MM's.

BTW...I will try to post some pictures shortly.  

Appreciate your help!