DAC10 16 watt xlr output?

Btrmousetrap

DAC10 16 watt xlr output?
« on: 16 Feb 2019, 05:04 pm »
Hello all,

I am restating my original question. Please excuse my lack of understanding regarding the listed product specification. Is the 16 watts of power listed available and capable to power speakers? Some of the available single driver high efficiency speakers may only require a couple of watts to reach high spl’s. If this is a possibility, would the sonic character of the output be fairly neutral as that seems to be most owners descriptions of the system influence of the DAC output.

Thanks again,

Btrmousetrap

seikosha

Re: DAC10 16 watt xlr output?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2019, 09:42 pm »
Where did you see that figure?  The online specs that I see say 680 milliwatts.

Btrmousetrap

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2019, 12:31 am »
I was looking on the Nuprime DAC 10 page. I did not go and look again prior to replying, but I saw the 16 watt reference lower on the description page. I do realize that head phone and speakers differ in amplifier demands. The reason I presented the question was to get clarification from Rusty or John. If someone else can contribute from experience or better understanding,that would be much appreciated also.

Thanks and curiosity continues......... :popcorn: 

I went to the DAC 10 and found the 16 watt reference in at the bottom of under the DAC 9 versus DAC 10 comparison section.

Btrmousetrap

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2019, 02:28 pm »
I think I answered this in email.  Even though DAC-10H can output max 16W, it was designed for headphone.It will probably sound quite good with high efficiency speaker but the impedance of speaker and headphones are very different so it is not meant for speaker.