eeventbrite

Charles Calkins

eeventbrite
« on: 18 Jun 2020, 06:40 pm »

Hi Guys:
             Did you ever by tickets through evenbrite??
             I bought two tickets from them for a Peter Wuite show at Yoshi's in Oakland Ca.
             The show has been canceled because of the virus keeping us at home. Yoshi's
             is closed and might reopen in July. On Yoshi's web site Peter White show has not been reschuled.
             He will not be to Yoshi's this year. I checked his tour calander to find out if he will be at Yoshi's
             No show at Yoshi's this year.
             So I asked for a refund for the Peter White show that was canceled. Guess What!!!!! They say I
             don't get a refund. I'm not qualified to get one.
             Ticketmaster has given me refunds for canceled shows. Why not eventbrite?
             I won't buy tickets from eventbrite again. Very,Very poor customer service.

Charlie

ric

Re: eeventbrite
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2020, 01:39 pm »
I bought tickets through them for a local flamenco show that was cancelled, but I have not asked for a refund. I just figure I will get notified if/when the show is rescheduled. If not, I just figure it's a donation that hopefully goes to the musicians.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2020, 06:18 pm »

Eventbrite will not tell you when the show has a new date. You'll have to find out yourself.
    The Peter White show at Yoshi's that was canceled  Yoshi's says he will be there in April
    2021. I wrote a letter to eventbrite asking if the tickets I have for the canceled show would be
    good for the 2021 show. If I hear from eventbrite I'll tell you the results. I got a gut feeling their
    reply will be"Sorry Charlie"

Charlie

Bizarroterl

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2020, 03:50 pm »
Try CBS 5 Consumer Watch or 7 on your side.  Both will contact EEventbrite and attempt to get your money back.  Usually they're successful as the company doesn't want the bad publicity.

RPM123

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2020, 04:57 pm »
I have purchased tickets from them multiple times without any issues, however none of the events were cancelled. I agree with Bizarroteri. I would also suggest that you try to find others in the same situation, through an online post, which would bolster your case with Channel 5. Also review Eventbrite's ticket policy. Good luck.