Magnepan Stereo Speaker Reviews, Magnepan Patents

Jeff_From_Michigan

Re: Magnepan Stereo Speaker Reviews, Magnepan Patents
« Reply #20 on: 20 Feb 2023, 12:57 pm »
Hi All - I'm supposed to introduce myself.  My name is Scott and I live in Southern California.  I am a avid Maggie fan and I have a pair of 1.7's and a pair of 1.6QR's.  I repackaged one of my 1.6QR's and turned it sideways as a center channel.  I drive them with an Emotiva XPS-2 amp.  This is a serious wall of sound.  I use Roon to source my music.  Nice to be here.

Welcome, Scott!

Out of curiosity, how do you have them wired? (The XPA-2 is a 2 channel amp, am I correct?)

Jeff_From_Michigan

Re: Magnepan Stereo Speaker Reviews, Magnepan Patents
« Reply #21 on: 20 Feb 2023, 01:12 pm »
Steve, thanks for the amazing compilation of all things Maggie!

Looking back at the 3.6R reviews, I am very tempted to recruit some help to bring my 23 year old pair up from the basement and end their 15-year hiatus. Curiosity about how they sound compared to the QRS currently in the system is starting to get the better of me...

So my question for the Maggie crowd: Is there anything that I should look for, do or not do when bringing these out of semi-retirement? I hope I didn't tear the ribbon(s) either packing them or in transport (attached the ribbon protector strips, closed the boxes slowly and taped them securely, but they were moved in the back of a pickup.... fingers crossed...)

Other than that, is there anything else that I should look out for?

Thanks in advance!