OB H/W Frame Wiring Info / Diagrams

paolocaminiti

Re: OB H/W Frame Wiring Info / Diagrams
« Reply #40 on: 23 Mar 2021, 11:29 am »
Thank you

A note for the website:
The cutout info is also available under: https://www.gr-research.com/store/p39/A370PEQ.html
But this page is not linked from the "main" subwoofert kit page, so a bit hard to find.

Bigtuna

« Reply #41 on: 17 Aug 2021, 01:28 am »
Just finished my double stacked triples subs (6 drivers per side). Use my trusted 9V battery polarity tester to verify correct wiring.
I made this 15 years ago and it consists of a 9 volt battery, a intermittent button switch and leads out of the small (2X3" approx) project box
All driver go forward with + lead to red terminal. ALSO the servo coils will give forward motion with + to red (much less motion to 9V DC signal then main speaker coil).
Very simple trick. I have several complex systems and this tool gets used ALL the time.

GaryPC

« Reply #42 on: 24 Aug 2021, 04:39 pm »
Amp cut out is  11 1/8  x 1/8  (A370PEQ/HX800).  The HX300's are smaller and I can't  recall of hand  what the   cutout zie is.

You  need about  5"  of  height   for clearence between the  top  and bottom  edge of    box frame
I liked the idea of some ventatlation although I am not  sure it is  required as I've seen    these amps in non vented enclosures...... if you  leave the bottom open  and add some "feet"   that  should  also do it.

jay
Rhythmik specifications on the A370PEQ state that the panel-front is sealed, so I put mine in a closed box, saw no reason invite dust and bugs inside.
Gary

wildian

« Reply #43 on: 20 Oct 2021, 08:05 am »
Thanks so much for this Jay - a freaking life saver for my H-frame OBS build.

Nathan J

« Reply #44 on: 25 Dec 2023, 01:28 pm »
Thank you for this. It was very helpful for finishing up my dual drive H-frame sub.

browndog9

« Reply #45 on: 1 Jan 2024, 08:30 pm »
   If the 4 pole connectors are ferrous why are you not using tube connectors ?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #46 on: 2 Jan 2024, 07:08 pm »
   If the 4 pole connectors are ferrous why are you not using tube connectors ?
Cost, mainly, but it's also only handling signals below 100Hz in most cases, where it's a lot less of an issue than it would be for a mid or tweeter Circuit.
Plus the Neutrik connector is also more secure as it's a locking connector.
You can also remove the connector altogether and solder the connections.

ketchup

« Reply #47 on: 23 Jan 2024, 04:37 pm »
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I'll ask here.  What would be the best for a 18.5' x 13.5' x 7.5' room?  A pair of doubles or triples?  One corner of the room, the rear right, is slightly open to the rest of the house.  The mains are set up along the short wall and I have total flexibility in sub placement.  About how low will a pair of doubles or triples go in this room?