NFL Football ('14-'15)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #120 on: 28 Sep 2014, 09:36 pm »
Holy cow... JJ Watt with 90 yard interception and td.  When I was a kid I saw that kind of quickness with Bob Lilly, but Watt is 60 pounds heavier!  Houston has a once in a generation type player there.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #121 on: 28 Sep 2014, 10:35 pm »
Man, seems to me its been a long time since da Bears were serious contenders.  Maybe they oughta try getting a rookie QB and getting on with it.

Yes, indeedy, Scott.  They get Clowney back and if he's for real they gots em a defense alright.  They need a QB and dunno how that will be accomplished.  Looks like Schaub will be getting off the bench for Oakland next Sunday.

Mike Nomad

« Reply #122 on: 28 Sep 2014, 10:54 pm »
Actually, it was only 80 yards :roll: It was pretty funny watching him lumbering down the field. It took him something like 20 seconds to complete the play.

He is indeed a once in a generation player for Houston. Which is why they paid him $100 Million to stick around for six years.

Holy cow... JJ Watt with 90 yard interception and td.  When I was a kid I saw that kind of quickness with Bob Lilly, but Watt is 60 pounds heavier!  Houston has a once in a generation type player there.

S Clark

« Reply #123 on: 28 Sep 2014, 11:56 pm »
 Yep, you're right.   I went back and watched it again... only 83 yards.  Nevermind.
 :wink:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #124 on: 29 Sep 2014, 12:12 am »
San Francisco might be iffy this year, but anyone who thought the Eagles had a chance of beating them is loco.   I know the score was close, but the game sure wasn't.  That Philly QB is as slow afoot as molasses so he has to throw and be accurate with the ball.  He just looked like a dunce out there and you'd think he is much older than he is the way he moves.  Mr. Sproles was/is the only thing worth staying awake for, imo.  Too bad he didn't land on a team with the potential for a longer season so we could see more of him.  I'd rather see the Cowboys in the playoffs based on what I saw today.  They oughta have some fire in their belly if they saw what I saw.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #125 on: 29 Sep 2014, 12:50 am »
San Francisco might be iffy this year, but anyone who thought the Eagles had a chance of beating them is loco.   I know the score was close, but the game sure wasn't.  That Philly QB is as slow afoot as molasses so he has to throw and be accurate with the ball.  He just looked like a dunce out there and you'd think he is much older than he is the way he moves.  Mr. Sproles was/is the only thing worth staying awake for, imo.  Too bad he didn't land on a team with the potential for a longer season so we could see more of him.  I'd rather see the Cowboys in the playoffs based on what I saw today.  They oughta have some fire in their belly if they saw what I saw.

I dunno, I had it 27-23 San Fran, pretty close to what it ended up.  They had a gimme TD with the punt block, but lost one they should have had there at the end.  Evened up fairly if you ask me.  If you haven't been watching the Eagles, this is pretty much how they have been winning all year.  Special teams scores, or plays that set up scores, and lighting drives at the end of the game.  They were a little more pitiful than they have been early, that lasted a little longer into the game than normal, but that was expected by Eagle fans, we know how beat up the O-line is and we expected the loss.  What was amazing is that they had a real chance to win at the end.

The Steeler game was horrible.  I had the exact score predicted, 24-20, all they needed was one first down and the less than stellar coaching staff, Tomlin, Haley, or both, sat on the ball and gave it back to Tampa Bay with plenty of time left.  They deserved to lose, you gotta play to win, not to not lose, chumps.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #126 on: 29 Sep 2014, 01:58 am »
Wow.  24 to 0 at the half?  This is gonna do wonders for the Pokes confidence.  From what I've seen thus far in the NFC East, and given Dallas' game before this one, they look like they're gonna run away with it.  The Eagles looked pathetic earlier today.

BTW, anybody know why New Orleans let Sproles go?

S Clark

« Reply #127 on: 29 Sep 2014, 04:23 am »
Congrats to our absent #1 Cowboy fan (I know he'll look in here).  It's just not the same around here without Satfrat.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #128 on: 29 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm »
Congrats to our absent #1 Cowboy fan (I know he'll look in here).  It's just not the same around here without Satfrat.
+I.  I reckon he's feelin good today.  The Pokes played better than anyone has seen them in years.  My God, they looked good!  Just wow!  If only Jerry Jones didn't own them.  On the flip side, NO looked bad.  Sumthin isn't right down there.   

jimdgoulding

« Reply #129 on: 4 Oct 2014, 01:22 pm »
D-e-M-a-r-c-o  M-u-r-r-a-y + the O line.  How come were just now seeing what these guys (Cowboys) can do?  Hell, they even make room for Romo.  Everybody is lookin good!  Don't believe Houston can hang with them.  Their draft pick is out and their QB is not elite.  Sheet, Dallas is lookin like they can win their conference.  Read where they are running 50% of the time.  Makes perfect sense.  Some defense somewhere is gonna half to upset that balance and turn Romo back into a shoe.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #130 on: 4 Oct 2014, 05:37 pm »
Hold on there son, they beat St. Louis, Tennessee, and a reeling 1-3 New Orleans team that has lost to Cleveland.  They've looked good against bad competition, but played poorly against their only .500 opponent, San Francisco.  They have four more cake games this year, Houston, Washington twice, and Jacksonville.  Adds up to 7-9 based on their current performance.  Maybe.  If they're lucky, they beat the Giants once or twice, but might drop a Washington game.  Regardless, I still see 8-8.  I think they win against Houston this week, so another week of huzzahs, then the ship starts sinking against Seattle.

An opposite week from last, with a predominence of road dogs vs the home dogs of the previous week.  And a lot of over or under picks vs none looking good last week.  Lets get to it.

I had Green Bay as did eveyone on Thursday.  My score was 30-21, not quite the 42-10 blowout that it was.  All the Thursday games have been blowouts this year, they're due for a nailbiter soon.

Bears-Panthers, wow, what a close call.  The numbers have it 21-20 Carolina, but I just have more faith in Chicago, flip a coin here.  Tecnically it's an under pick, but avoid the game altogether.
Cleveland at Tennessee, even closer.  The predictors spit out a 21-21 tie.  What looks good is the under here at 44.5.
Eagles hosting the Rams, finally an easy pick, Philly 28-20, but I don't ever like giving away 7 points unless it really looks good, and this doesn't.  I can see much closer or even an upset win by the Rams.  But my pick is still the Birds by 8.
Atlanta travels to NJ to play the NY Giants, a misnomer if I ever heard one.  Regardless, the surging Giants win, but don't cover 27-24.  Too close to bet the 4 point spread.
New Orleans gets healthy dissing their Tampa Bay guests to the tune of 30-19, but another game too close when you give 10 points.
The aforementioned Houston at Dallas game sends the Cowgirls to 4-1 with a 24-19 win.  Avoid the 6 point spread and take the under at 47 points.
Detroit romps over the visiting Bills 27-19, but giving 7 points makes it too close to bet the spread.
A fun matchup with the Ravens at the Colts, the predictors have a two point spread so we'll say 26-24 Indy to get close.  The 3.5 points the Ravens get is tempting, but these teams are too eratic, lay off of this game.
Pittsburgh gets a much needed vacation in Jacksonville, winning 27-20, but both teams are so pitiful at scoring I'll take the under 47 points.
Big fun with AZ trucking up to Denver, but it won't be that close, The Cards need a QB.  Denver 31-24 with me taking the over 48.
Another good game with San Fran hosting the KC Chiefs (I'm so offended by that name).  But the Niners get well winning 27-21, and I'll favor the over 44 points.
Whew, finally, a game to bet the spread.  San Diego will beat up on the visiting NY Jets 27-15 (who play in NJ in a stadium that replaced a venue named for another team).  Give the 6.5 points because the Jets don't even know what state they play for.  Build something in Brooklyn already.
New England returns home, but finds no relief against a tough Bengals team losing 27-24.  Brady ranks as one of the worst QB's in the league this year, but will look better at home, take the over at 46 points.
Lastly, another game to bet the spread on, Seattle over Washington 30-19, giving 7 points.  Wilson is a bottom third in QB rating this year, but Cousins is even worse.  Lots of defense scoring or setting up scores so take the over as well at 45.5 points.

The two bye teams are Oakland and Miami, they need it.  Oakland should pack it in and take the year off, I think they'd come out ahead.

roscoeiii

« Reply #131 on: 5 Oct 2014, 01:19 pm »
Heading off to the Bears Panthers game now! Go Bears!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: 5 Oct 2014, 02:37 pm »
Heading off to the Bears Panthers game now! Go Bears!
You're here in NC?

jackman

« Reply #133 on: 5 Oct 2014, 03:53 pm »
Roscoe is NC's native son, and coolest dude, with the exception of my man MJ.

Too many thoughts on NFL this week and only 1% life on my mobile battery so I'm going to make it fast. I'm looking forward to the Bears getting back on track against the Cam and the Panthers but I'm REALLY looking forward to Alex Smith facing his old team and coach, the lying POS Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh lied to his team and Smith in particular during the failed Manning courtship. I hope Smith helps stick it to the Niners and after the game drills Harbaugh in the face with a ball just to rub it in his scumbag lying face! 

The Niners would have been a much better team with Smith than they are with the inconsistent, hip-hop, tatted punk, Kaepernik. Harbaugh and company deserve whatever they get.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #134 on: 5 Oct 2014, 05:20 pm »
First play of the game and Houston gets a "man in motion" penalty.  Second and 15(!) and they hand off to Foster who is met at the line of scrimmage.  Houston's defense looked very good on Dallas' first possession then their QB throws way behind his receiver running down the sideline and into the hands of a Dallas defender.  I am blown away by Houston's ineptitude on offense and expect more of the same.   

charmerci

« Reply #136 on: 5 Oct 2014, 07:00 pm »
First play of the game and Houston gets a "man in motion" penalty.  Second and 15(!) and they hand off to Foster who is met at the line of scrimmage.  Houston's defense looked very good on Dallas' first possession then their QB throws way behind his receiver running down the sideline and into the hands of a Dallas defender.  I am blown away by Houston's ineptitude on offense and expect more of the same.

And yet Houston is ahead 7-3 in the middle of the 3rd quarter!

I find this article very interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-bans-players-from-wearing-beats-by-dre-headphones-during-interviews-171611924.html

For us, it's out of the frying pan and into the fire!  :roll: :lol:

roscoeiii

« Reply #137 on: 5 Oct 2014, 07:21 pm »
You're here in NC?

Back in NC for my high school reunion (Hendersonville) and got tix to the Bears game. So spending the day in Charlotte. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #138 on: 5 Oct 2014, 07:24 pm »
9:44 left in the 4th quarter and after an interception to stop what could be a fatal Dallas drive, Houston runs 3 (so) unimaginative plays to Foster and punts where Dallas gets it at mid field and Houston is back in the crapper.  Romo is playing his hiney off today.  The boy is not only showing some poise on the field but a very good arm.  Maybe the best I've seen him.  Houston is so two dimensional on offense.  And Dallas scores.

jackman

« Reply #139 on: 5 Oct 2014, 07:59 pm »
Jim, I don't know, Houston is looking pretty good punching that ball into the end zone to tie the game. Dallas is not as good as people thought after they beat a bad Saints team. It's okay, most teams are not very good this year and Dallas is good enough to beat Enugu teams to make this year interesting.

The Bears are doing their best to give this game to the Panthers.