Isabella LFP preamplifier

Rocket

Isabella LFP preamplifier
« on: 30 Sep 2014, 10:54 am »
Hi Guys,

Currently enjoying my new Isabella preamplifier I recently bought from Vinnie Rossi and it sounds great.  Just wondering whether it is recommended to turn off the power supply when using the preamplifier in battery mode?

I will say that I am quite impressed with the performance of the preamplifier operating in ac mode though.  The addition of this preamplifier has really upped the performance of my system another notch.  Currently using it with Ampzilla 2000 second edition amps and Salk Sound HT3's.

Cheers Rod

CSI

Re: Isabella LFP preamplifier
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2014, 08:02 pm »
I also own and enjoy an Isabella preamp. When you are in battery mode the power supply is essentially "off" since it is disconnected from the preamp and is doing nothing even though it is still plugged in. When you switch back to AC mode it comes back on line and will be charging the battery while you listen. When you turn your preamp off the charger will slowly bring the battery up to full and maintain it with a trickle charge. I can't see any value in disconnecting it - that will make no difference in the sound and, if you forget to plug it back in, the battery will go dead. Also, it will be hard on the connector on the back to pull that tight fitting plug out unnecessarily. Vinnie may have different advice but I think this is correct.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2014, 10:13 pm by CSI »

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2014, 08:50 am »
Hi,

Thank you for your advice I'll keep the power supply connected when I am using battery power to operate the preamplifier.  Even though it is the non-renaissance version of the Isabella preamplifier it does sound very good imo.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers Rod

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2014, 02:30 pm »
Hi Rod,

Thanks for posting your impressions - and CSI is correct (thanks, CSI, for posting).

Enjoy it!

Vinnie