(SOLD) PS Audio DirectStream DAC - Excellent Condition, Fair Price

unitygain

PS Audio DirectStream DAC in excellent condition. Rating 8/10 in case of any cosmetic wear just to be safe (nothing specific to point out), having no notable dings, nicks, or scratches. Asking a very low price for this unit: Asking $2995 (Retail is $5999). SOLD.

Includes all original packaging, white gloves, remote, manual, and both current firmware (Windom) and Snowmass on a separate chip so you can try rolling each. Both are wonderful. Does not included the pretty hot-running, electrically-noisy streamer card that is an option for these units.

Definitely one of the best and most musical DACs ever built – Stereophile Product of the Year (Class A+) and Darko Product of the Year (among many other accolades. This is a personal reference for many in the industry. Selling to try an EMM Labs converter multiples the cost of this unit out of curiosity.

Buyer pays 3% PayPal (friends and family also possible); Flat rate $50 shipping within lower 48. Local pickup available in Tribeca.

I have a pretty solid, established 100% perfect usaudiomart and audiogon rating (username: transience) so buy with confidence; here to help.

Took some quick snapshots:

« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2020, 04:00 pm by unitygain »

jjss49

sorry to side track...what speakers are those?  cool lookin'!!  :thumb:

unitygain

Great catch! These are the very first pair of Studio Electric M5 speakers.. just announced here: http://www.studio-electric.com/FS1%20Loudspeaker.html

I bought them as a custom commission and they ended up sounding great. Subsequently, Dave Macpherson decided to put them into official production.

There's another pair out there that was recently delivered to Dave Blumenstein, who reviews for Dagogo, who bought them site unseen.

They're genuinely wonderful, and I would recommend them highly; the retail price is $6700, and they are a screaming bargain at that amount. I just moved them from a very small room to an extremely open loft, and they behave wonderfully in each and flat out nail every genre.

As an aside, I'm running them with Dan Wright's unbelievable ModWright Instruments KWH 225i hybrid integrated – could not be happier with the match.

Incidentally, this DAC listing just sold.

jjss49

yes i recognized dan wright's hybrid... the speakers are cool, beautiful grilles - are they a more lively sounding speaker like spatials, modern kefs, b&w's or are they a more refined warmer speaker like harbeths vandys?

sooo many speakers to try, so little time