A link to all Tuesday Tech Talk video's.

Danny Richie

A link to all Tuesday Tech Talk video's.
« on: 4 Sep 2019, 01:08 pm »
Go here to see all old topics and new topics each week.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJHwsTJyrH4YznoJxZmJHQ/videos

This is also a good place to recommend or request topics for future episodes.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2020, 10:04 pm by Danny Richie »

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: A link to all Tuesday Tech Talk video's.
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2019, 02:23 pm »
Thanks Danny!
One topic I would be interested in is why the open box? What is the (both measured frequency response and listening) difference between dipole and closed box speakers? Do the open back speakers behave like dipoles? or is there still a difference since there are 'some' side panels in place? Is there a side panel baffle step worry? for open back speakers?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2019, 02:50 pm »
Yes, I agree, something that talks about how OBs are easier to integrate into a room, with measurements, would be great.

And really nice work on the videos so far.  Before, I didn't understand quite how important the spectral decay plots were, or how to read them properly.  I do now!

cewill99

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2019, 09:25 pm »
I have enjoyed Danny's tech talk videos. After the last one, on upgrading speakers, might end up spending money on some older speakers.  :wink:

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2019, 01:37 pm »
I talk about DIY verses commercial products this time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yozUh8xBfk

Special mentions to Mike Lundy for excellent finish work and Peter's new CNC work.

Jmitchell3

« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2019, 03:30 pm »
Excellent klipsch video. Danny these Tuesday tech talks are awesome!

Moore66982

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2019, 08:33 pm »
Danny,
In the latest video and you are giving the tour of your listening room. What is the black deflector you have on the wall?
Looking for suggestions to put behind my NX-Oticas that don't cost a fortune... 

Craig

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2019, 10:19 pm »
Danny,
In the latest video and you are giving the tour of your listening room. What is the black deflector you have on the wall?
Looking for suggestions to put behind my NX-Oticas that don't cost a fortune... 

Craig

The diffusers are from PI Audio. And they are great behind the NX-Oticas.

daveshear

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2020, 10:40 pm »
Thanks Danny for your help today.

maty

« Reply #10 on: 4 Feb 2020, 04:16 pm »

DonMcG

« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2020, 12:46 pm »
It is worth repeating, I have learnt more from Mr. Richie about speakers then anyone. Thanks for the informative videos.

Don

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2020, 10:10 pm »
Thanks Don,

Danny Richie

« Reply #14 on: 28 Feb 2020, 10:03 pm »
The Tuesady Tech Talk has gone so well that we decided to create a GR Research specific Youtube channel.

All of our Tuesday Tech Talk videos are there and can be seen already. New video's will be posted weekly taking on a number of topics. And you guys can even suggest topics that I can cover.

For right now this is all starting fresh and I need to build subscribers. So I need all of you guys to follow the link and become a subscriber. And to get the ball rolling I need to get those subscriber numbers up.

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJHwsTJyrH4YznoJxZmJHQ/videos

Thanks everyone!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 28 Feb 2020, 10:18 pm »
I'm subscribed  :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #16 on: 28 Feb 2020, 11:23 pm »
Hey, is the website going to be updated soon?

One thing I'd suggest - when you revamp it, have links from the kits to any flatpacks that might exist for that kit.  It will save people a lot of time having to come to AC and hunt around to find something.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 29 Feb 2020, 12:18 am »
Subbed a few hours ago before you hit 100 subs,
Looking forward to what may be coming next! :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 29 Feb 2020, 04:26 pm »
Hey, is the website going to be updated soon?

One thing I'd suggest - when you revamp it, have links from the kits to any flatpacks that might exist for that kit.  It will save people a lot of time having to come to AC and hunt around to find something.

Yes, we are working on the new website right now.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #19 on: 9 Mar 2020, 07:05 pm »
Danny, your videos just keep getting better and better! I enjoy picking up more info each time and am slowly getting a better understanding of how things work. I still need to understand the basic ELECTRICAL funtion of the basic functions of the various pasts of the crossover. I took a basic Electrical Class many (many) years ago, but quickly discovered it was not my strong point. I’ve forgotten virtually everything I learned. I need to review basic schematics again. Pretty easy info to pick up, I just need to dedicate some time to it.

Wondering about future topics you might cover in your videos. I was wondering if you had thought about getting a bit into speaker placement theory as far as spacing and toe-in. I’ve pulled my speakers as far into the room as I can get away with. The front wall is over 4 feet away from the back of the closest driver (right at 4 feet to the cabinet itself), so it’s not too bad.

I have some leeway with respect to how far apart the speakers are from each other. I have tried the “Golden Triangle” positioning and wasn’t overly impressed. Too near field for me. I then played around until I got a fairly smooth FR and worked on toe in so that I got it as wide as possible but still have a clear pinpoint center image when appropriate. (Well recorded single acoustic instrument or voice).

Then I start fiddling with the EQ on the Servos. I’m fairly happy with it, but still not certain I have it right.

Have you thought about a video on how to properly set EQ & Phase on the Servos? Acoustic considerations for positioning/toe in would also be appreciated.  :D