Power cords...

trianglezerius

Power cords...
« on: 18 Dec 2020, 09:18 pm »
I finally got my system all broken in and was wondering what power cords do you guys use with your Nuprime gear?

I own the DAC-9 and STA-9.

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: Power cords...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2020, 09:27 pm »
I don't own nuprime  gear but p. cords are so system dependent.  I know many people like shunyata cords and swear by them.  They are expensive.  I recommend CULLEN cables.  Well made and do not cost a fortune.

https://www.cullencable.com/

I recommend his GOLD or CROSSOVER series if you want to spend a little more.  He will also make custom cables with different gauge wire.

walkern

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2020, 09:36 pm »
Danny at GR-Research has some new AC cables that are getting good buzz and are quite reasonable (particularly considering the quality of the connectors).  I trust Danny's ears a LOT, so I suspect they are outstanding value and excellent sound quality. I have not tried them though, so no personal experience with them.

Zen Audio makes fantastic sounding cables of all sorts, but they are not quite as budget friendly as Danny's.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2020, 11:50 pm »
MY best advice is to try and borrow some pc's or rent from the www.thecableco.com before buying to see if they make a difference.

Westerwälder

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2020, 07:56 am »
After switching to a NuPrime chain, I turned my attention to affordable cabling. I have equipped the complete chain with cables from the same manufacturer. At first I used Supra Cable from Sweden. These cables perform very well for an affordable budget. In the search for an increase that is within my financial limits, I got the tip from my good friend and NuPrime dealer to wire the devices with Wireworld. David Salz has had the new Series 8 in its range since this year. For me it is quiet here for a while. An inner peace, even when listening to music. Wireworld cables complement the NuPrime products. A perfect match.

NuPrime China headphone trade show. Notice that many audiophiles are pretty young, 20s to 30s. There is some hope for high-end audio 🙂. 
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/D0AAznuS0uPCHQpIREDBtg

The blue one  :thumb:

« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2020, 05:45 pm by Westerwälder »

dpatters

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2020, 03:30 pm »
Triode Wire Labs. I have a friend who uses a Digital American on his IDA-8 with excellent results.

Don P

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2020, 01:54 pm »
The Anticables Level 3 works very well with my IDA-8.

Samac

« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2020, 02:09 pm »
+1 for Cullen

I use their Crossover Series and Avius power cables, Crossover speaker cables and their coax digital cable. Excellent cables and a very good value.

I used the Crossover Series ll on the NuPrime IDA-16 I had.

Cheers,

Scott

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2020, 04:24 pm »
Triode Wire Labs. I have a friend who uses a Digital American on his IDA-8 with excellent results.

Don P

I second that.
charles

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 22 Dec 2020, 07:58 pm »
Also compare with the original factory power cord.

trianglezerius

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jan 2021, 12:06 pm »

trianglezerius