Cone/ spike grounding base question

ajayrav

Cone/ spike grounding base question
« on: 18 Sep 2011, 12:52 am »
My bedroom has a very compliant wooden floor covered by low pile carpet.  My speakers are Definitive Mythos STS speakers with built-in subwoofers.  The problem is that when using the supplied speaker spikes (5 per speaker), the floor vibrates.   I'd like to decouple the speakers from the floor.  In my main audio rig, which is on a hardwood floor, I use the small cone/ spike grounding base, which I don't see on your website anymore.  Have these been replaced with the hush puckies?

What do you recommend I use for a carpeted floor... hush puckies or the decoupling glider?  I don't really need the gliding function.  However, if one works better than the other at decoupling, I would prefer the one that decouples better...  Thoughts???

Thanks,
Ajay

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Cone/ spike grounding base question
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2011, 07:22 am »
Hi, Ajay. Herbie's Hush Puckies have replaced Small Cone/Spike Grounding Bases in our product lineup. Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders are most appropriate on carpet.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

jostber

Re: Cone/ spike grounding base question
« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2011, 12:38 pm »
Just ordered the Cone/spike gliders for my Vandersteen speakers. Looking forward to get these as the speakers are not the easiest to move around. :)