Daughter might be moving to Denver and she found an apartment complex she likes

Marbles

Since I know next to nothing about Denver, I want to get feedback on the area.  Safe etc..
Thanks

www.rentcommonsparkwest.com

Commons Park West
She said it was near 116 street

Marbles

She is a year or two from actually moving, but she visited Denver and really likes it.

Wayne1

That is an area very popular with the Millennials. Very safe. Fairly expensive. Right near everything that is going on in the center of the city.

mgalusha

I don' t know the area very well but it's essentially downtown and I don't ever feel unsafe walking around down there. Then again, I'm not there at 03:00. :)

The worst part will be the cost, Denver isn't cheap to live in these days, real estate has become really expensive.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
My wife and I stayed at an AirBnB with our son and soon-to-be fiance last year. We were near Lawson Park (for reference). We walked from there to the 'happening' areas along Larimer St at different times of day and night. We even walked to REI Coop and back. There was one street with a lot of homeless that we walked along. No one bothered us. We never felt unsafe.

Denver is an interesting city. It's growing like crazy.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
When I first got to Denver 20 years ago, it was mostly not very safe areas with a few nice pockets.  Since then it’s been transformed.   Nowadays the very large majority is safe and there’s a few small pockets that are shady.  But even those areas are being rapidly gentrified. 

Marbles

Thank you all.  That's what I wanted to hear.

Rocket

Hi Marbles,

I hope your daughter's move to Denver works out well for her.  I remember you from the early days of Audiocircle and I'm amazed you still use Salk Sound HT3's in your system.  Glad update itis hasn't affect you over the years.  I remember your posts from years ago and eventually had a pair of HT3's and had them imported to Australia and I really like them.

I'm also using a pair of Salk Sound Song 3's and mightily impressed with their sound quality using a peachtree audio 150 nova.

Cheers Rod

I.Greyhound Fan

My daughter lives in Denver and it is very expensive.  She lives in Littleton near the Denver Tech center.  She is paying $1600 for a higher end apartment with great security and a parking garage.  The area is all modern.

How old is your daughter?  Mine is 31 and if you like, I you can give me her info if she needs help deciding where to live.

Larry

AvsFan

My daughter lives in Denver and it is very expensive.  She lives in Littleton near the Denver Tech center.  She is paying $1600 for a higher end apartment with great security and a parking garage.  The area is all modern.

How old is your daughter?  Mine is 31 and if you like, I you can give me her info if she needs help deciding where to live.

Larry

Denver Tech Center. Where RMAF used to be. :)

I used to work off of Belleview. I love that area! But the commute from The Springs every day was too much.

But downtown Denver is VERY safe. Just steer clear of Lawrence ST and Park Ave. Kind of a scary area.