"Good Riddance BobM" audio party this Friday the 13th!

Triode Pete

Long time Audio Syndrome & NY Audio Rave member BobM is leaving LonGislanD permanently this month and has relocated to HOT Florida!

Come say "Good Riddance" to BobM and enjoy some musical appreciation at the TWL house (Zip- 11758), this Friday, July 13th. Doors open at 6:30 PM.

Interested, please RSVP me...

Cheers,
Pete

TomS

Re: "Good Riddance BobM" audio party this Friday the 13th!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2018, 06:50 pm »
Long time Audio Syndrome & NY Audio Rave member BobM is leaving LonGislanD permanently this month and has relocated to HOT Florida!

Come say "Good Riddance" to BobM and enjoy some musical appreciation at the TWL house (Zip- 11758), this Friday, July 13th. Doors open at 6:30 PM.

Interested, please RSVP me...

Cheers,
Pete
What, wait, oh the humanity of it, you're sending him here? We're all filled up  :green:

Emil

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jul 2018, 06:58 pm »
What, wait, oh the humanity of it, you're sending him here? We're all filled up  :green:

Nope. Ya gotta take him. He's declaring refugee status from Wrong Island like so many others here have.

No givebacks. I called it!

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2018, 07:22 pm »
Well can't make it but already in Florida - Welcome Bob!

BobM

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jul 2018, 08:44 pm »
Love you guys! After living my whole life on long Island I have come to realize it isn't the place I grew up anymore (but tell me what is).  Time for a new phase and a new adventure. 

You are always welcome to stop by our new home in Ponte Vedra Florida. Just PM me here and let me know when you are coming. If I don't answer to provide our secret address don't take it personally, I really don't want you there but I gotta put on a good face and say this kind of shit.

Hope to see you all on Friday at Pete's.

BobM

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jul 2018, 09:11 pm »
Good new life to BobM in the sunny Florida state :thumb:

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #6 on: 9 Jul 2018, 04:16 am »
It was the Tavares contract wasn't it??!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :duh: :duh: :duh: :D

BobM

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jul 2018, 12:59 pm »
Actually it was the potholes ... and the traffic ... and the taxes ... and the winters ... and the traffic ... and the cost of living ... and the traffic ... and the congestion ... and the quality of life ... and the traffic. Did I say it was the traffic?

:scratch:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #8 on: 9 Jul 2018, 01:17 pm »
Congrats Bob. Trading snow for mosquitoes and reptiles that can eat you.

cheers,

AJ

jimbones

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jul 2018, 01:35 pm »
Bob, Is it true you're liquidating all audio equipment and buying lots of white sox, sandals and shuffle board sticks?

I'm departing for vacation on Saturday morning, I'd love to stop by, it's going to be tight.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #10 on: 9 Jul 2018, 03:48 pm »
Best wishes on the move BobM, never an easy thing even when looked forward to. Good luck with the traffic, mosqui toes, & gators.

BobM

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jul 2018, 06:11 pm »
Just to clarify, I'm not moving to "old people" Florida (aka, the Villages or Naples or Venice, etc.). We will be in a thriving community with people of all ages. Looking forward to having lots more fun in the sun in the years to come.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2018, 08:15 pm »
Does this mean you are not selling your audio gear for 10 cents on the dollar?  :wink:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2018, 12:18 am »
Actually it was the potholes ... and the traffic ... and the taxes ... and the winters ... and the traffic ... and the cost of living ... and the traffic ... and the congestion ... and the quality of life ... and the traffic. Did I say it was the traffic?

:scratch:

Bob so true. Enjoy every second there. No State tax, no City Tax get a bug zapper and be happy.

charles

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jul 2018, 12:40 am »

Bob so true. Enjoy every second there. No State tax, no City Tax get a bug zapper and be happy.

charles
Hi, wonder what are these taxes and how much?

BobM

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jul 2018, 11:14 am »
Thanks for putting together a great sendoff party Pete. You always outdo yourself.

It was awesome seeing my good friends one more time before I leave NY. There's a lot of years behind me our local audio club. Some of you I've gotten to know pretty well and others have been casual friends that I see once a month or so, but friends still. I will miss all of you characters.

We will definitely be back North from time to time visiting family. If a meeting coincides with my trip I promise I will definitely stop by and tell you all about Ponte Vedra Florida, the new friends, the neighborhood, the heat in the summer and the beach in the winter (when you're all digging out of the snow).

BTW - does anyone need any snow shovels?

Take care,
Bob

richidoo

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jul 2018, 02:17 pm »
Hi, wonder what are these taxes and how much?

Income tax. NY state ~6.5%. FL state 0%. NYC ~4%. Ponte Vedra 0%.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jul 2018, 06:23 pm »
  So to live in NYC it costs over 10% more in taxes. Just not worth it any longer.

charles

tdangelo

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jul 2018, 08:03 pm »
Ponte Vedra - Nocatee I’m guessing? Maybe I will get to meet you someday. I live over at Tapestry Park by the St. John’s town center.

Just saying :*)

tony

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jul 2018, 08:36 pm »
These values are too small Iam impresed.
In my country the % values are per income bands:
Until 1.903,98    0%
From 1.903,99 til 2.826,65    7,5%
From 2.826,66 til 3.751,05    15%
From 3.751,06 til 4.664,68    22,5%
Over 4.664,68    27,5