New Venuette model

Danny Richie

New Venuette model
« on: 9 Sep 2009, 09:11 pm »
The new Venuette (or V-2) has already caught a little buzz from the get together at Art's. It is the V-1's little brother.

It uses the P-Audio BM8CXA coaxial driver, and a pair of 12" Eminence woofers in the bottom end.

There is plenty of info already released on this new model already. This new post is just to let you guys know, that after spending some time with these and tweaking the networks a little, they now sound even better.

It will still be a month or more before all of the amps for the lower subs get here.

The kit will sell for $1,295.

If you are going to the RMAF then be sure to stop by the Virtue Audio room on the second floor of the main tower and give these a listen.

Derrell

Re: New Venuette model
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2009, 10:10 pm »
Danny you sure do make it hard to make a decision.  Everytime I think I am going one way I discover something else.  Keep 'em coming I love being in audio limbo.  By the way these look like giant killers. :drool:

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2009, 10:50 pm »
By the way these look like giant killers.

Could be....  :D

Steve (a buddy) is coming to get them tomorrow to A/B them with his Orion's. It could be interesting...

sl_1800

« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2009, 11:02 pm »
Weather permitting I will be picking up the Venuette from Danny tomorrow to give them a listen and some burn in time.  I have been working hard on the acoustics of my room to give the Venuette and my Orion's a better shot and what they can really do.  I hope to report on the differences of these two speakers soon.  My short time with the Venuette at Arts house tells me it will be a very worthy competitor.

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2009, 01:37 pm »
Danny,

Any plans to offer a flat pack for these?

I was very impressed with these at Art's driven by Gary Dodd's Batt powered buffer/amp.  :thumb: I visited Gary yesterday and I'm on the list for one out of his first production run. Let me add that these speakers have a very high waf. For my wife to say she would put them in the LR without me even asking. Now that's saying a lot.  When will you be taking orders?

Could you elaborate on the tweaks/changes you made since the GTG? Would the benefits be heard in all kits ordered or just something that is done after each build is complete?

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2009, 02:02 pm »
Any plans to offer a flat pack for these?

I will try to have someone available to cut out flat packs as soon as I can arrange it.

When will you be taking orders?

As soon as I have the amps in stock.

Could you elaborate on the tweaks/changes you made since the GTG? Would the benefits be heard in all kits ordered or just something that is done after each build is complete?

It was a slight change in the network that aligned the phase relationship of the drivers a little better. Imaging seems to have improved. All kits sold will be this latest version.

I was pretty sure that they'd see a little refinement from what I took to Art's. I barely got those things thrown together and only had them playing the day before you heard them.

richidoo

« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2009, 02:55 pm »
Does v2 use the same coax driver as V1?
Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2009, 03:28 pm »
No, the V-2 uses an 8" coaxial.

Voncarlos

• OB5s in Stripes
« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2009, 09:01 pm »
Hey Danny, these look really nice, and people are saying some really nice things about them. I read the thread on Art's get-together and your audiophile circle in Texas makes me envious. Salt Lake Silly is dead as far as an Audiophile community. Any chance we could see the back of these Venuette?

TomS

« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2009, 09:12 pm »
Hey Danny, these look really nice, and people are saying some really nice things about them. I read the thread on Art's get-together and your audiophile circle in Texas makes me envious. Salt Lake Silly is dead as far as an Audiophile community. Any chance we could see the back of these Venuette?
I'd just like to see you build a crossover module for that puppy since it's all out there nekked (in back)!

ebag4

« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2009, 09:15 pm »
Voncarlos,
I would love to see how your OB5s turned out if they are finished.  My apologies if you have already posted the pics and I missed them.

Best,
Ed

Danny, sorry for the OT...back to originally scheduled topic...

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm »
Any chance we could see the back of these Venuette?

This is the only shoot I have right now of the back side, and Steve picked them up earlier today to compare them with his Orion's. So they are no longer here.

ttan98

« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2009, 11:10 pm »
Any chance we could see the back of these Venuette?

This is the only shoot I have right now of the back side, and Steve picked them up earlier today to compare them with his Orion's. So they are no longer here.

I notice no open back tweeter as per V1, and particular reason it is not implemented in V2.

V1 and V2 conjure up memories of V1 and V2 rockets from WWII. In this instance, V2 is more powerful than V1 instead.

grubyhalo

« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2009, 12:25 pm »
I notice no open back tweeter as per V1, and particular reason it is not implemented in V2...

Was wondering the same thing. Looks real good!  :thumb:

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2009, 01:30 pm »
We will be offering a few options for that... :)

Sean

I'd just like to see you build a crossover module for that puppy since it's all out there nekked (in back)!

Derrell

« Reply #15 on: 11 Sep 2009, 02:51 pm »
What is the f3 on these? 

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 11 Sep 2009, 03:00 pm »
I really didn't want to go with opening up the tweeter on these just yet.

It adds a lot of work for one, and I needed to make sure all would work well before I started doing irreversible modifications to the drivers.

What is the f3 on these?

The F3 range in my room is in the mid 20's.

Derrell

« Reply #17 on: 11 Sep 2009, 05:57 pm »
It is a joy to watch talent and ambition come together.  Do the sub amps require a RCA from a sub output?

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 11 Sep 2009, 06:11 pm »
Do the sub amps require a RCA from a sub output?

There are RCA inputs and speaker level inputs.

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #19 on: 11 Sep 2009, 10:45 pm »
There are RCA inputs and speaker level inputs.

Are there any pros and cons for either choice, or does it not make a difference to the sound?