VHP-1 Review

arthurs

VHP-1 Review
« on: 14 Oct 2005, 02:53 am »
Running a Denon2900 into a VHP-1 driving Senn600's with Cardas Cables between all......here's a "non-audiophile" review

Disc - Alan Parsons "I Robot" HDAD 24/192

Review - Holy Crap this sounds incredible........Damn Dusty, way to go....

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

CIAudio

VHP-1 Review
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2005, 04:46 am »
Thanks...Glad you're enjoying it!

-Dusty-

Nick B

VHP-1 Review
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2005, 06:26 am »
are the cia amps available in black with gold lettering as a special order? will be auditioning amps in a while    thanks

CIAudio

VHP-1 Review
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2005, 02:02 pm »
are the cia amps available in black with gold lettering as a special order? will be auditioning amps in a while thanks

nope...sorry

stryker

VHP-1 Review
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2006, 11:21 pm »
Dusty,

One question about this amp. The volume knob stays about the same with my new AKG K701s as with my Senn 650s. Both have very different impendences, 62 and 300ohms, respectively. Both on are on the high-gain setting (which, to me, sounds more dynamic than low-gain with either headphone). In my experiences with past headamps, the knob really needed to be kicked back a good bit for low Z headphones.

Is this because I've used headamps with different circuit designs like dual opamps with a buffer for voltage gain? It looks like your amp is built around a special opamp which is likely a different beast than I'm used to. Sounds great though! Detailed, but not dry or analytical.

CIAudio

VHP-1 Review
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2006, 12:44 am »
One question about this amp. The volume knob stays about the same with my new AKG K701s as with my Senn 650s. Both have very different impendences, 62 and 300ohms, respectively. Both on are on the high-gain setting (which, to me, sounds more dynamic than low-gain with either headphone). In my experiences with past headamps, the knob really needed to be kicked back a good bit for low Z headphones.

It really has nothing to do with the amps design. Typically, low impedance phones have higher sensitivity, but that's not the case with your K701's.
VHP-1 has good voltage and current output, so they drive a variety of headphone types well.