Bryston bdp3 is buggy! Help me figure it out!

Crazy Audiophile

Bryston bdp3 is buggy! Help me figure it out!
« on: 28 Oct 2023, 03:05 pm »
Hello everyone I am a long-time fan of Bryston and have done more than one test with them https://youtu.be/Qdel9cdayhQ?si=GypSRitVvnlxC6i8 I had 4bsst2 amplifiers, then in the bridge, then I switched to 4b3, and now I have 7b3. I am happy with everything except one, I recently purchased bryston bdp 3 and it is very buggy, freezes when choosing a playlist or songs in Tidal, qobuz or just from an external hard drive. It hangs in such a way that only reloading the page in manic mause helps and you have to choose everything again. Music is playing at the same time. What could be the reason? I also want to clarify whether it is normal that the CPU shows 25% and MEM 17% at rest? If a song is playing with Tidal, then the CPU is 56%, then maybe 65% +- MEM17.7% Maybe my player is dying? Also, with prolonged use, the top cover heats up quite strongly! Also, if anyone is interested, I can tell you how I compared Bdp3 with Aurender n200. For earlier thanks for the answer!

jcn3

Re: Bryston bdp3 is buggy! Help me figure it out!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2023, 10:24 pm »
Hello everyone I am a long-time fan of Bryston and have done more than one test with them https://youtu.be/Qdel9cdayhQ?si=GypSRitVvnlxC6i8 I had 4bsst2 amplifiers, then in the bridge, then I switched to 4b3, and now I have 7b3. I am happy with everything except one, I recently purchased bryston bdp 3 and it is very buggy, freezes when choosing a playlist or songs in Tidal, qobuz or just from an external hard drive. It hangs in such a way that only reloading the page in manic mause helps and you have to choose everything again. Music is playing at the same time. What could be the reason? I also want to clarify whether it is normal that the CPU shows 25% and MEM 17% at rest? If a song is playing with Tidal, then the CPU is 56%, then maybe 65% +- MEM17.7% Maybe my player is dying? Also, with prolonged use, the top cover heats up quite strongly! Also, if anyone is interested, I can tell you how I compared Bdp3 with Aurender n200. For earlier thanks for the answer!

i would bet the problem is hanging a hard drive off of the bdp3 -- bryston only recommends using a thumb drive and encourages storing local files on a nas.  this is because the max current from a usb port is 500mA.

easy test is to remove the hard drive and see how well the streaming services work.  also use a thumb drive and see what happens.

Crazy Audiophile

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2023, 10:13 am »
I turned off all external hdd and ssd, I did not configure the nas, although I have it on my Asus router.How can I reset the player to factory settings? If I press Factory reset, then the countdown is on, but the player doesn't even reboot! Maybe there are commands or another way to completely reset my bdp3?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2023, 12:42 pm »
Hi Crazy - email Adam - atanner@bryston.com

Crazy Audiophile

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2023, 01:19 pm »
Thank you dear James! I am a fan of yours and have sold dozens of amps, dacs and pre-Bryston in my store! I consider your equipment the best in terms of price and quality!