Robert's ebony HT3's

jsalk

Robert's ebony HT3's
« on: 9 Sep 2007, 02:37 pm »
Robert wanted a pair of HT3's.  I was just starting to work on a new personal pair for myself.  This was my fourth attempt to replace the pair that Frank VanAlstine took home with him after an audio show here last spring.  Each time I built a pair, it ended up sold before it was even finished.  This pair was no different.

Robert liked the ebony veneer and walnut trim we picked out for this pair and decided he wanted them.

Here's a photo...

And a close-up...

So now I am starting a top-secret project to build another personal pair of HT3's.  But this time, I'm not telling anyone what it will be.  When I finish them, I'll take them to the Rocky Mountain Audiofest before anyone else sees them.

Happy listening Robert!

- Jim

nicksgem10s

Re: Robert's ebony HT3's
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2007, 02:51 pm »
Hi Jim,

These are once again another masterpiece.

I am sure Robert will be extremely happy with them.  I know I love my HT3s. 

I am glad to know I started a trend with buying your speakers you were building for yourself and that the trend continues.

You are going to have to build a pair and then permanently secure them to the floor in your listening room so you are able to enjoy them.   :thumb:

Everyone that visits our home remarks on the quality of your work when they see and hear your HT3s.  Keep up the incredible work and I wish you all the success in the world.

I really believe if you get reviewed by one of the large magazines that things will change and your waiting list will be extraordinary.  You will also likely have to change your production method at that point also to keep up with demand.

I am glad I got in on the Salk Sound when I did.   :D

Have fun Robert!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2007, 11:37 pm »
Another work of art!  I have to say I much prefer the clean, baffle-less look.  What beautiful grain in that wood!

Kishore

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2007, 01:32 am »

As usual every pic/speaker you make is uniquely seductive! Beautiful Jim :thumb: :drool:

Cheers,
Kishore

Dekpm19

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2007, 04:49 am »
Another work of art!  I have to say I much prefer the clean, baffle-less look.  What beautiful grain in that wood!

I agree I also like the lighter color for the trim around speakers.
Allen

JP78

« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2007, 02:47 pm »
beautiful. 

classical music lover

« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2007, 06:05 pm »
 Hi Everyone,

These are my beautiful HT3's that should arrive at my home sometime tomorrow.  I bought these based on the strong following that current Salk owners have discussed on this site.

I am excited about setting them up and breaking them in.  I will post my impressions once I have had them for awhile.

I will also add that Jim was very easy to work with.  Thanks Jim.

Robert