Removing plinths

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
Removing plinths
« on: 6 Jan 2015, 03:18 am »
Prepping my song towers for a move. I have the bolts off but the plinths are "stuck" on. Can't find the instructions. can't remember how to take them off. Any help?

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
Re: Removing plinths
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2015, 03:24 am »
Never mind! They were just stuck from the pressure of the speaker. Just came off.

Saturn94

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2015, 06:10 pm »
Same thing happened to my HT2-TLs when taking them apart to pack (sold them).  The finish on the plinth was damaged when it came loose, though it didn't matter much since it would be hidden by the speaker when assembled.

Same thing also happened to a friend's SS8s.

I suspect this is fairly common.  Perhaps it has something to do with the pressure applied to the new finish (hasn't fully cured??).

Magnatest

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2015, 06:28 pm »
A small piece of wax paper between the plinths and speakers will reduce the chances of this happening.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2015, 07:48 pm »
I bought rubber washers at HD to separate the plinth from the cabinet.

SCompRacer

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2015, 09:58 pm »
It sticks cause of friction welding. The great bass characteristics vibrate the materials causing them to meld.... :roll: :lol:

billmcc

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2015, 11:24 pm »
A small piece of wax paper between the plinths and speakers will reduce the chances of this happening.

Would the wax paper possibly stick to the plinth?

Bill

screener

« Reply #7 on: 3 Feb 2015, 01:55 pm »
If you did have a problem with wax paper another choice would be parchment paper.