RMAF 2013 Attendance Numbers

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
RMAF 2013 Attendance Numbers
« on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:55 pm »

Attendees:
20 Countries and 41 States
Total                                                                            3,759
Industry                                                                             7%
Military                                                                               1%
Students                                                                            6%
Seniors                                                                             12%
Standard                                                                         74%

Exhibitors:
26 Countries and 42 States
Total Exhibitors                                                       1,196
Total Companies                                                        440
Total Products Listed Online:                                545

Press:
7 Countries and 32 States
Total                                                                               130
Publications                                                                   56

Volunteers and Guests:
2 Countries and 15 States
Total                                                                               101

Silent Auction:
Total Amount Raised:                                         $5,469.00
Total Matched by RMAF:                                   $5,469.00
Total Donated to Red Cross:                      $10,938.00

Thank you for supporting RMAF and I really appreciate your input....it only makes the show better.

Warmest Regards, Marjorie

Marjorie Baumert, Director
Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
October 10, 11, and 12, 2014
www.audiofest.net
Facebook: ROCKY MOUNTAIN AUDIO FEST
Twitter: @audiofest or #RMAF

Don_S

Re: RMAF 2013 Attendance Numbers
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:28 am »
From 2012
According to Show organizer Marjorie Baumert, "We had about 150 more exhibitors (according to the badges), about 3600 attendee days (approximately 100 more than last year). We had 1295 attendees pre-register and that was an all-time record (last year was 1100).

"We had the same number of exhibitors in the main rooms but CANJAM added a few more this year. Approximately 431 companies were represented. I did a precursory look at the stats for attendance and we had the same amount of countries as last year—30—and 47 out of 50 states (no AL, RI, or WV). The countries represented were Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and the UK. Unbelievable!!"

« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2013, 01:37 am by Don_S »

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:47 am »
Hmm, guess that means only about 1 in 5 people made it to our room at the Hyatt  :|

tonyptony

« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2013, 01:21 am »
Hmm, I'm not sure what to think about this. Compared to previous years it seemed like the attendance was down - even compared to last year. In my shuttle back to the airport there were two writers for a couple of well known audio mags. One of them actually said as much to the other (in his opinion, I should add).

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2013, 01:26 am »
I paid for two tickets but did not attend.  Wonder how many also did that?

Don_S

« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2013, 01:33 am »
Did the space alloted to the show expand?  That may have given the illusion of lower attendance.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2013, 01:53 am »
Traffic was way down from last year.

rbbert

« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2013, 02:16 am »
I didn't go this year, but I went the two years before.  My observation was that 2011 was pretty crowded, especially on Saturday, but 2012 never had a crowd anywhere (except a bit in the Alexia room) and it wasn't unusual for me to be the only listener in any given room for 5-15 minutes at a time.  Despite that, official attendance figures were very similar.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2013, 02:38 am »
Traffic was way down from last year.
Certainly the impression I came away with.

mgalusha

« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2013, 03:06 pm »
I worked the check in desk on Friday for the rush and also Sunday morning. It was my first time for Friday, so I have no benchmark but I've worked Sundays for the last few years, from a check in perspective it felt about the same.

One thing that was very different was the amount of people in the CAN-JAM space. Two years ago there was hardly anyone in there the times I stuck my head in, this year it was packed every time I went in there, that would significantly reduce the traffic in other parts of the show while leaving the total numbers similar to previous years.

Marjorie mentioned we had something like 1700 pre sales this year, which is quite a bit more that in previous years. What I don't know is how many paid but no shows like BRM there were.

mike

mojave

« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2013, 03:29 pm »
Hmm, guess that means only about 1 in 5 people made it to our room at the Hyatt  :|
I looked at the pictures, read the reports, visited your subforum here, and visited your website. I'm sure many other did, too.  :D

Big Red Machine

« Reply #11 on: 23 Oct 2013, 05:11 pm »
Any insight as to the number of industry participants this year versus previous?  Perhaps there was too much to see and that spread the crowd out or as Mike points out, everyone is going to headphones.  Blasphemers!

spothopster

« Reply #12 on: 23 Oct 2013, 06:07 pm »
Aha, more work for the audiologists!  Deposit the sound even more directly into the ear.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #13 on: 23 Oct 2013, 07:06 pm »
I know one vendor that was an "upstairs" vendor who went exclusively to canjam this year.  He told me that attendance was down about 15% in the upstairs area, and up about 20% in the canjam area.  You do the math....

Mike B.

« Reply #14 on: 23 Oct 2013, 07:25 pm »
I am not surprised with the proliferation of regional shows.