Qobuz using Play-fi, help

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
Qobuz using Play-fi, help
« on: 24 Oct 2020, 04:49 pm »
I recently subscribed to Qubuz and want to play it through my streamer using Play-Fi app however it’s proving to be a futile effort.  I want to search for an artist to find their albums, easy huh?  Well if I search for the band ‘Pepper’, I type it in and get a big list of albums, none of them by the band Pepper. I type in an album by Pepper, in this case ‘Pink crustaceans and good vibrations’ and I can find the album, but the list of artists shown on the same page John Prine, The Beach Boys and someone named Vincent Cross so I can’t even use that to find additional albums by the band. Not being able to search by artist is becoming a deal killer. I’m using the band Pepper here but this occurs with almost all of my bands.

Amazon Prime, while not close to the same quality of sound, is 100% easier to navigate and may lead me to canceling Qobuz.  Before i do that, has anyone experienced this and have a work around?  I’m using a Klipsch Gate to stream to.

TomS

Re: Qobuz using Play-fi, help
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2020, 07:42 pm »
I guess that's a function of the DTS app, not Qobuz. In Play-Fi the search is very sparse. I tried it in the Qobuz browser app and it worked great, just click on "Pepper" in "Artist" and Bob's your uncle. I typically use Qobuz with Roon so it's even better yet.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
Re: Qobuz using Play-fi, help
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2020, 08:29 pm »
Thank you TomS, I think I got so used to using the Play-Fi app that I forgot other options.  I’m now using the Klipsch Stream app and things are good. 

It’s surprising how bad the play fi app is when using Qobuz!