turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
Re: What is your latest acquisition?
« Reply #1440 on: 25 Oct 2015, 01:36 pm »
Got my second amp

Did a Trade

Now looking for a upgrade for a TT

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
« Reply #1441 on: 25 Oct 2015, 02:49 pm »
I bought a Schiit Audio Gungnir Multibit and it finally arrived on Monday.  It's working great with My Bryston Buc-1 which I think is an under appreciated device.  James, you guys may have gotten ahead of the market a little bit with Buc-1 but as computer audio continues to build and people get a better feel of what's going on under the hood, the use of usb to spdif conversters will really pick up.  I think yours is one of the best.  It certainly has enhanced my listening pleasure.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1442 on: 25 Oct 2015, 06:20 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the kind words. I do not think people realize how much damage a standard computer can do to the audio quality so the BUC 1 is just what the doctor ordered  :thumb:

James

Rod_S

« Reply #1443 on: 26 Oct 2015, 05:10 pm »
Just recently took delivery of a 2.5m Siltech Ruby Hill II power cable with Furutech FI-50(R) and FI-50M(R) connectors.

Samurai7595

« Reply #1444 on: 27 Oct 2015, 12:42 pm »
Very nice, I've always liked the Siltech cables!   :thumb:

onthefly

« Reply #1445 on: 29 Oct 2015, 12:49 pm »
I've just got a new BDP-2 to replace my BDP-1.  :thumb:

Rod_S

« Reply #1446 on: 29 Oct 2015, 01:23 pm »
Very nice, I've always liked the Siltech cables!   :thumb:

Thanks

The build quality is exceptional and the Furutech connectors are also exceptionally well made.

95Dyna

« Reply #1447 on: 29 Oct 2015, 06:53 pm »
Just bought a pair of new Focal Sopra 2's.  Should arrive sometime in November.  Finally after looking for five years I found something that made it possible for me to part with my 25 year old Infinity 9 Kappas.

mr_bill

« Reply #1448 on: 29 Oct 2015, 07:27 pm »
These really look like a great new speaker. Sopra no2

95Dyna

« Reply #1449 on: 29 Oct 2015, 07:37 pm »
These really look like a great new speaker. Sopra no2

Hi Bill,

Yes, and they sound fabulous too.  Can't believe the bass I'm hearing from a pair of 7" woofers.  The mids and highs are stunning.  I've heard the Utopia Scalas at almost 3 times the price and can't imagine spending the extra money on them.

I wanted to get them in the orange lacquer but was overruled by the lady of the house.  Far be it from me to jeopardize the permission I received to buy them so white it is  :thumb:

Samurai7595

« Reply #1450 on: 29 Oct 2015, 08:45 pm »

Congrats, very nice indeed!   :thumb:

What power amp will you be using with these speakers?

95Dyna

« Reply #1451 on: 29 Oct 2015, 09:02 pm »
Congrats, very nice indeed!   :thumb:

What power amp will you be using with these speakers?

7B SST2's.  I auditioned them with a Mac 452.

95Dyna

« Reply #1452 on: 29 Oct 2015, 09:07 pm »

After 5 years of driving the 9 Kappas with their dips to .8 ohms at 32 and 340 hz with some nasty phase angles the 7's are going to think they died and went to heaven.

mr_bill

« Reply #1453 on: 29 Oct 2015, 09:20 pm »
The white color is very cool and I love the orange, but don't think I could get a way with it either.  The new Sopra line is definitely going to stir things up. 

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1454 on: 29 Oct 2015, 09:28 pm »
Dyna,

congrats on your new speakers! but didn't you say you wanted a pair of Bryston speakers??

greetings,

al.

95Dyna

« Reply #1455 on: 30 Oct 2015, 01:56 pm »
Dyna,

congrats on your new speakers! but didn't you say you wanted a pair of Bryston speakers??

greetings,

al.

Hi Al,

The Model T's were on my short list.  When the Sopra 2's were announced in May my interest was piqued based on all the buzz surrounding the announcement.  I had the opportunity to audition them and did so more out of curiosity than anything else as I thought I had my mind made up.

Like most of us I have a handful of specific passages in specific recordings that must sound a certain way and are deal killers if they don't.  The Sopras exceeded my expectations dramatically on all of them unlike any other speaker on my list.  For the record the T's met all the criteria unlike most others so we're talking about the difference between met and exceeded.  Bear in mind that the T's are almost $6K less and for that difference one should hear more.

Bill310

Upgrading my system - It has been 17 years
« Reply #1456 on: 30 Oct 2015, 03:02 pm »
I have been on an upgrade / repair / purchase program the last few months.

My system was bought new in 1998 with a few small upgrades since.

Original system

Anthem Pre-amp, Bryston 3B ST, PMC LB-1's (with PMC Stands), Magnum Dynalab FMA 11 Tuner, Sony 5 Player CD player

2002 upgrade Preamp Bryston BP 25 and a California Digital Audio Alpha DAC.

2004 Polk Audio XM Tuner

The great error

2011-  my wife digitalized our 2,500 CD collection digitalized, gave away CD player.We knew that I suffered from a condition regarding how I visualize and find items and unfortunately we learned that digital musical storage does not work for me. The  CD collection went into storage for space reasons .

Things started to change this spring when I wanted to repair the damaged speaker grills on my LB1's and found a place in the states where they repair the grills. I sent my grills off for refurbishing to Simply Speakers  http://www.simplyspeakers.com/

They came back looking just perfect and that sort of kicked me in the butt about how much I had missed listening to my music. Then we decided to sell our house and move and I decided that I was bringing my CD's back home. My wife is in charge of everything in the move/renovation except for the garage and whatever I want to do to make me happy regarding getting my cd collection back and stereo upgrades.

Our  move is in about a month  and the boxes have been piling up as I assemble the newer system.

I have always liked Bryston products, they are simple and elegant and they are made in Canada.

I like simple  and elegant design and for me this means  the components need to be Black with 17" fronts and the Bryston Amps can't have the handles on them.

What I have sold / am selling / bought /upgraded/ keeping

Keeping

Magnum Dynalab FMA 11 Tuner

2004 Polk Audio XM Tuner

PMC LB-1's (with PMC Stands)

Sold

Bryston 3B-ST
Bryston MPS-1  Power Supply

Selling
California Digital Audio Alpha DAC

Upgrading

My BP-25 is back at Bryston for the  $600.00 upgrade and inspection

Used purchases

Bryston BIT 15 (New condition)

Bryston CD Player (New Condition)

2 Bryston 7B ST Mono Blocks (Used and in very good condition, perfect cosmetically)

Did I need this much Amp Power, of course not, but as we used to say when we raced boats "there is no replacement for displacement."  I thought WTF, I like they way will look, I have always wanted mono blocks, and I am over 60 so as my hearing goes I can just keep turning up the volume  :lol:

New Purchases

CD Cabinets from Ca-Am ( they will go in my home office)

Bryston MPS-2 Power Supply

All new cables and connects from Bryston

Equipment Cabinet (1.5 " Solid Maple ) designed and built to my specs will match the new dining room furniture  (very high WAF)

8 of Herbie's Threaded Stud Gliders for  my PMC Speaker stands.

New Speakers - are they a future purchase?

Who knows?

The LB 1's are pretty damn nice to listen to. Until we are settled in the new house, furniture in, rugs down, art on the walls and live with the new house for a while I plan on keeping the PMC's and deciding later.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #1457 on: 30 Oct 2015, 08:57 pm »
My latest purchase is the Vapor Tuonares, shown here pictured below.
In short, I love them, and so much so, they make me wish I had held out for the Derechos.  And if you look closely at the side of the cabinet facing inward towards the wall, you can see a face in the veneer, which looks suspiciously like Pete Schumacher. (Whether that's cause for exorcism or canonization is anyone's guess.)

Cheerio,
KP

sweetspot

« Reply #1458 on: 31 Oct 2015, 02:33 am »
What is this $600.00 upgrade on the BP-25?  :o

SFOX

« Reply #1459 on: 31 Oct 2015, 10:49 am »
from another thread:

UPGRADE OPTiON:

If you return your BP20/BP25 to the factory and purchase the MPS-2 through an authorized Bryston dealer the upgrade includes:

New C-Series Faceplate
New (3) C-Series Knobs
New Back Panel.
New 6 Pin Din Power Connector
New Top
New (4) feet

Cost is $600.00 US (not including MPS-2) plus shipping both ways  :thumb: