« Reply #820 on: 13 May 2009, 02:00 am »
Yes very cool. You have a real talent there. :thumb:

Mr C aa

navi

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #821 on: 21 May 2009, 11:53 am »

Did some food shots.

Shot with the 5D mark 2 + 100mm macro lens
I found it very soft when shooting at f5 but very sharp at f5.6....it's not a perfect lens
The shot has not been retouched only a minor contrast adjustment when I converted the RAW file.

Mr Content

« Reply #822 on: 21 May 2009, 02:49 pm »
Hmmmm you make me hungry with that shot Ivan, hey how did you upload a photo, I tried but the site wouldn't let me? :bawl:

Mr C aa

JakeJ

« Reply #823 on: 21 May 2009, 03:56 pm »
... hey how did you upload a photo, I tried but the site wouldn't let me? :bawl:

Mr C aa

No, the new gallery does not exist yet, Nigel.  :cry:  You have to have a third-party web server host it for you.  If you right click on his image and copy the location you can then paste the link text into Notepad to see what I mean.  Same thing I did for my photo of my new (used) SME tonearm in the Vinyl Circle.  You can use Photobucket, Flickr, or any other image hosting site.  My Verizon account includes some server space and a certain amount bandwidth to access it.

Hope this helps.  :thumb:

JakeJ

Mr Content

« Reply #824 on: 22 May 2009, 02:10 pm »
Thanks Jake, I will do that :D

MR C aa

navi

« Reply #825 on: 22 May 2009, 11:49 pm »
Hmmmm you make me hungry with that shot Ivan, hey how did you upload a photo, I tried but the site wouldn't let me? :bawl:

Mr C aa

my images are kept on my website/sever.

WerTicus

« Reply #826 on: 23 May 2009, 06:49 pm »

I was bored, puppy was bored.  This is hand held in very poor light, and i dont like using a flash, so it took about 6 shots to get one good one (one 40w bulb behind the subject)

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #827 on: 24 May 2009, 03:37 am »
Nice shot! Your dog does look a little bored and I'm sure he would be pleased by a romp on the beach. :)

-Roy

WerTicus

« Reply #828 on: 24 May 2009, 03:47 am »
yes but not at 2am :)

BradJudy

« Reply #829 on: 24 May 2009, 09:48 pm »
Here's a pinhole photo of a local diner as dusk set.  Something like a 40s exposure at ~f170.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #830 on: 25 May 2009, 12:09 am »
Now that is cool!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #831 on: 25 May 2009, 12:08 pm »
VERY cool!  :thumb:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #832 on: 26 May 2009, 03:03 am »

Did some food shots.

Shot with the 5D mark 2 + 100mm macro lens
I found it very soft when shooting at f5 but very sharp at f5.6....it's not a perfect lens
The shot has not been retouched only a minor contrast adjustment when I converted the RAW file.

Great shot.  My only beef is that the clean cut on the quiche crust is too sharp and clinical.  I find this to be slightly unappealing when it comes to food, which I prefer to be more organic looking, unless it's sushi.  That's probably because a raw lump of fish is already plenty organic.

Love the pinhole.

BradJudy

« Reply #833 on: 26 May 2009, 04:56 pm »
Thanks guys.  I've enjoyed playing with home-made cameras over the past few months.  This is one of a few pictures I'm submitting to a local photo contest of pictures taken along the main E-W street through ATL.  It's a small contest, so I think I have a decent shot at getting something.  Of course, there's still a week left, so there may be a flood of last-minute submissions. 

ooheadsoo

« Reply #834 on: 30 May 2009, 05:57 am »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #835 on: 30 May 2009, 02:45 pm »
Photoshopped?

VERY cool image. I like the surreal feel it has. The little hidden things like the tracks above the large rock on the right side are cool. Are those yours?

Bob

ooheadsoo

« Reply #836 on: 30 May 2009, 06:35 pm »
I tweaked it in Lightroom, but the real deal looked much more surreal than this picture.  The tracks aren't mine  :|

No HDR composite, this is just one image.

nathanm

« Reply #837 on: 31 May 2009, 01:50 am »
Nice shot!  You didn't go overboard with local contrast on the clouds.  How come the foreground is so neutral in contrast with the blue of the rest?  Just curious.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #838 on: 31 May 2009, 02:52 am »
The snow near my feet was mixed with a lot of dirt, it being much closer to the road.  This view was about 10 feet away from the scenic view turnout by the side of the road.  I mean you could see it from the side of the road, but you would have to take a step or two to compose a pic of it with the rocks at the edge of the frame.

I had thought you meant contrast vs. color, I almost replied with a different set of blather.

Jason1

« Reply #839 on: 31 May 2009, 10:11 pm »
Couldn't beleive how well this pic turned out, took with a Canon sx100is.

This one wasn't as clear

Lake Tahoe