Picture Of The Day

SET Man

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #320 on: 20 Jan 2008, 06:13 pm »
Hey!

Nathan great shots there man! :D

I wonder what the big print from printer will look like in person. :D To do that in wet darkroom at home would be impossible.  :icon_lol:

Listen.... Nathan, I think you should start a new separate thread call "Large (and maybe medium too) Format Photography" so you could post those LF photos of your on it... Maybe I will even chip in one or two :wink:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

nathanm

« Reply #321 on: 20 Jan 2008, 10:20 pm »
No, better yet I think we should have a separate Circles for 35mm, digital SLR, digital SLR full frame sensor, medium format, medium format 6x6cm, medium format 6x7cm, large format 4x5, large format 8x10 and so on!  Also, a Nikon Circle, Canon Circle, Olympus Circle, Leica Circle... :P Only kidding.

That lizard's an iguana if I am not mistaken.  They are pretty bad-ass looking creatures for sure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Iguana

SET Man

« Reply #322 on: 20 Jan 2008, 10:25 pm »
No, better yet I think we should have a separate Circles for 35mm, digital SLR, digital SLR full frame sensor, medium format, medium format 6x6cm, medium format 6x7cm, large format 4x5, large format 8x10 and so on!  Also, a Nikon Circle, Canon Circle, Olympus Circle, Leica Circle... :P Only kidding.

That lizard's an iguana if I am not mistaken.  They are pretty bad-ass looking creatures for sure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Iguana

Hey!

OK that's fine... thought it would be easier to follow your adventure with LF.

Oh! Well, what ever :roll:

Take care,

JohnR

« Reply #323 on: 20 Jan 2008, 10:41 pm »
I'll volunteer to host the 6x6cm Portraits Taken With a 135mm Lens Circle!

Buddy, you can start an LF thread ;)

SET Man

« Reply #324 on: 21 Jan 2008, 01:44 am »
I'll volunteer to host the 6x6cm Portraits Taken With a 135mm Lens Circle!

Buddy, you can start an LF thread ;)

Hey!

I was thinking about it. But since I've not use my 4X5 Sinar since 05. So, I won't have much to show.  :icon_lol:

I thought it would be better idea for Nathan to do that and it would fun to follow his LF adventure. :D

I don't have much 4x5 shots in my closet. But I will chip in and  scan a few and post it there :wink:

LF photography has always been my favorite even today in the age of digital photography. There is something very Zen about LF B&W photography. :D

Take care,

ooheadsoo

« Reply #325 on: 21 Jan 2008, 05:05 am »
Here are some more shots of nothing in particular.  Went out for a brief dusk hike.  If this isn't proof that any schmuck with a camera can take a half way decent shot, I don't know what is.  At least I think they're half way decent.  Not much to be said for my composition, though.

I'm sorry I blew the moon out in all of these shots.  Not sure I could have done otherwise and kept the subject light enough.  Oh well, I'll shoot the moon when I actually have a telephoto.

Here's the street I have to cross to get to the hills.  Yeah...that's about all there is to say about it.  You can see that they're building new houses there.  In a few years, there won't be much left of these hills.  Sad.  I've lived here "decades" with these hills, but they'll be gone in a few.

Lines cutting across the sky to the next hill over.  I should probably shoot more sky, next time.

These two towers of power have overlooked one of the closest hills to the street since who knows when.  I've always thought of them as fat man and tall boy.  Or maybe tall man and little boy.  Either way, it doesn't work.  Oh well.

Tall suckers, aren't they?  You can see an airplane's lights streaking across the bottom.  Doesn't look nice, at all.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #326 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:22 pm »
While we are on the subject of powerlines... how about this photo?

Imperial

nathanm

« Reply #327 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:39 pm »
Oh dear, I'm afraid I'll have to assign you one demerit point for that photo, Imperial.  Come on now, we want more puppies on boobs! :P

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #328 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:43 pm »
Great photo, Imperial, except for the powerlines. Not a good photo of the powerlines!

What time of day is this? This photo really looks like very northern lattitudes.

BradJudy

« Reply #329 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:45 pm »
I think ooheadsoo is snapping pictures for Aimee Mann album covers.  :)

I like your pic that most resembles the album cover BTW. 

Imperial

« Reply #330 on: 24 Jan 2008, 12:17 am »
Great photo, Imperial, except for the powerlines. Not a good photo of the powerlines!

What time of day is this? This photo really looks like very northern lattitudes.

Indeed Northern! Hamar in Norway!

Ok...

How about this one then:

Never mind the powerlines.. Look at that colour in the sky!!!
The cam could not capture what our eyes saw this evening..
It was just an AMAZINGLY SHARP color!!!
It was like an almost full rainbow, where you see the white light there in the sky.
I'm not sure why the cam could not capture this, but it was an amazing sight!

I've never seen this colorplay in my life here in Norway, it was very unusual!

Imperial

Imperial

« Reply #331 on: 24 Jan 2008, 12:30 am »
Oh dear, I'm afraid I'll have to assign you one demerit point for that photo, Imperial.  Come on now, we want more puppies on boobs! :P

Oooohhhh!
My brother is as big as John Casler, and he is a SWAT cop.. He's not actually known for his patience...
I'm not gonna ask him for more pics! I'm to fond of my life!!! You ask him!!!  :D

Imperial

drphoto

« Reply #332 on: 24 Jan 2008, 12:47 am »
Hey Buddy, do you still have your Sinar? Best (monorail) view camera going, IMHO.  I'm working on a prototype for an adapter to fit a DSLR body on one. Will let you know if it works. Similar idea as the Cambo Ultima, but simpler and uses an existing 4x5 system.

SET Man

« Reply #333 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:07 am »
Hey Buddy, do you still have your Sinar? Best (monorail) view camera going, IMHO.  I'm working on a prototype for an adapter to fit a DSLR body on one. Will let you know if it works. Similar idea as the Cambo Ultima, but simpler and uses an existing 4x5 system.

Hey!

Yes, Doctor are you calling me? :lol:

I agreed that Sinar is the best monorail cam system ever designed. :D

Yes, I still have the Sinar F1 with Nikon/Nikkor 210mm f5.6 and 90mm f8.  It is on the shelf and haven't seen action for sometime now :roll: I do wish I have time to use it more. Well, this will likely be my last 4X5 monorail cam  :icon_lol:

I did a little search and read about the Cambo Ultima. I'm trying to see how Sinar could be adapt in to this in head right now :scratch:  If you could modify Sinar will the back accommodate different brand of DSLR?

drphoto please keep me posted on this. It will be cool if you could make this work and much cheaper... it will be cheaper right? :lol:

Take care,

ooheadsoo

« Reply #334 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:30 am »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #335 on: 24 Jan 2008, 01:05 pm »
Nice, gettin' better dude!  :thumb:

Dave G

« Reply #336 on: 24 Jan 2008, 01:21 pm »
ooheadsoo,

Nice pics!  The second one reminds me of this MC Escher print:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #337 on: 25 Jan 2008, 03:13 am »
Thanks.

I didn't know about the escher piece.  It was unintentional.  I tried to take some more puddle reflections, but i think I lost my original vision.

nathanm

« Reply #338 on: 25 Jan 2008, 05:13 am »
Way cool, Dave G!  I never saw that one before.

Imperial

« Reply #339 on: 25 Jan 2008, 08:34 pm »
Well, I'll cheat.. A friend took these, but I think they are superb!
So I'll post them! Canon 400D.'

(I've been on top of that snowy peak by the way.. It's quite the hike!!)

The lens is a Sigma F2.8. ( I did ask permission from my friend first..)

Imperial
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2008, 08:38 pm by Imperial »