Picture Of The Day

ACHiPo

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #4460 on: 26 Jun 2016, 08:21 pm »
Hey!

Nice, I like this one. Like that white from water running out from the seaweeds mirroring the white cloud on top.

But I would tone down the exposure, darken the sky a bit and straightening the horizon. And I'm pretty this one will look great in B&W also.

Take care,
Buddy  :thumb:

This one really caught my eye as well.  Great composition and subject.

SET Man

« Reply #4461 on: 27 Jun 2016, 03:54 am »
I noticed!
Good to have you back. I hope all is well with you and yours, Sir.  :thumb:

Hey!

Thanks Bob. I'm fine. Have been busy with works. And honestly I'm pretty comfortable with my audio system so that's another reason I'm not here as much as I used too. But of course I still do photography and like to go out take some pics around here.

Talk about pictures. I spent the last week of April Iceland. I stayed in Reykjavik, a small but lovely city, spent most of my time there. But I did went on a tour to the southern part of Iceland in Vik. I even  I like arts and got to visited museums there also, you'll noticed that I have lots of pics of museums. I took quite a lot of pics while I was there both with my digital camera Sony A7II set and I bought along my Hasselblad 500C/M set to capture Iceland on films also. You can see them via this link...

https://flic.kr/s/aHskwPPqTQ

I had a great time there. Iceland is beautiful and Icelanders are very nice people. Although I noticed many constructions cranes while I was there. Look like the city is expanding and getting ready for the increasing number of tourists, I hope Iceland will moved forward into the future while preserving it's nature and beauties. I will definitely go back there someday to see more of Iceland.

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy them.

Take care,

PeteG

« Reply #4462 on: 27 Jun 2016, 10:40 am »
Buddy great series of pictures,  thanks for sharing.

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #4463 on: 27 Jun 2016, 11:09 am »
Hey Buddy,

Great pictures - as always! I love it how you managed to communicate warmth of a city in a very cold climate  :thumb:

Boris

Guy 13

« Reply #4464 on: 27 Jun 2016, 11:15 am »
Lots - lots of great pictures on that topic.
Thanks to everyone.

Guy 13

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4465 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:22 pm »
Great images Buddy!  Thank you  :thumb:

bside123

« Reply #4466 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:59 pm »
Hey!

A bit late on this. I haven't been here for a while and just checking the older pages.

Anyway, congratulation on your exhibition. I've always enjoy seeing your photos from places around the world. Excellent photography works. They are truly worthy of an exhibition for sure.

Take care,

Hey Buddy!
Good to have you back.  :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #4467 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:34 pm »
Hey Buddy!
Good to have you back.  :thumb:

Hey!

Thanks, it is good to stop by here to check out things sometime  :D

Buddy great series of pictures,  thanks for sharing.
Lots - lots of great pictures on that topic.
Thanks to everyone.

Guy 13

Great images Buddy!  Thank you  :thumb:

Hey Buddy,

Great pictures - as always! I love it how you managed to communicate warmth of a city in a very cold climate  :thumb:

Boris

Thanks guys, glad you like them. I took quite a be of pics. Maybe I should narrow them down a bit  :icon_lol: Personally most of my favorites are from those I took on film starting from the bottom of the second page.

Talking about film, well at least with those who still crazy enough to travel with film. I didn't have any problem getting hand inspection at JFK airport, took a few minutes there to wipes and check with the machine. But I do recommend you go to airport half an hour more than planed if you want to have your film hand inspected though.

Boris, while I was there the last week of April, the temp was around mid '40*F most of the time. But I got lucky that it didn't rain during my stay there, even the host of Airbnb place I stayed at said I was lucky with the weather. Other than the weather, yes there's something about Iceland and people there that make you feel nice and warm while you're there.  :inlove:

Take care,
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2016, 03:34 pm by SET Man »

bside123

« Reply #4468 on: 27 Jun 2016, 06:19 pm »
If y'all remember, a couple of years back, I posted a number of Hummingbird shots. This early summer seems to be the Year of the Dragonfly. These creatures are fascinating. I've been enjoying taking close-ups around the garden and the pond. I haven't learned the names of the different varieties, but Steven Spielberg and George Lucas ain't got nothing on the cool, alien, extraordinariness of their natural looks. Would love to catch a ride on the back of one.

Blue Green Dragonfly

Late Afternoon Visitor

Brown Camouflage Dragonfly

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #4469 on: 27 Jun 2016, 08:07 pm »

milford3

« Reply #4470 on: 28 Jun 2016, 03:47 pm »

chip

« Reply #4471 on: 28 Jun 2016, 11:19 pm »
Hey!

Nice, I like this one. Like that white from water running out from the seaweeds mirroring the white cloud on top.

But I would tone down the exposure, darken the sky a bit and straightening the horizon. And I'm pretty this one will look great in B&W also.

Take care,

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #4472 on: 28 Jun 2016, 11:53 pm »

chip

« Reply #4473 on: 29 Jun 2016, 04:22 am »
A few more

bside123

« Reply #4474 on: 2 Jul 2016, 08:07 pm »
Chip: The image of the bike on the beach at sunset is classic... romantic. Nice capture.

Well folks... by popular demand, they're back! After a slow start this season, it's certainly been a lively day at the feeder today.

Ruby Throated Male Hummingbird

Ruby Throated Female Hummingbird

Ruby Throated Female Hummingbird 2

Guy 13

« Reply #4475 on: 3 Jul 2016, 04:11 am »
Thanks a lot bside123
for your really. really, really nice pictures.
I love them, everything is perfect about them.

Guy 13

bside123

« Reply #4476 on: 3 Jul 2016, 03:18 pm »
Thanks a lot bside123
for your really. really, really nice pictures.
I love them, everything is perfect about them.

Guy 13

Thanks for the comments, Guy 13. That is very kind of you.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4477 on: 3 Jul 2016, 04:27 pm »
Oregon Coast. Oh, how I love thee!

Thank you, Chip!

ACHiPo

« Reply #4478 on: 4 Jul 2016, 12:41 am »
If y'all remember, a couple of years back, I posted a number of Hummingbird shots. This early summer seems to be the Year of the Dragonfly. These creatures are fascinating. I've been enjoying taking close-ups around the garden and the pond. I haven't learned the names of the different varieties, but Steven Spielberg and George Lucas ain't got nothing on the cool, alien, extraordinariness of their natural looks. Would love to catch a ride on the back of one.

Spectacular shots!  What lens did you use to capture those?  I'm guessing you were a lot further away than it looks?

Phil A

« Reply #4479 on: 4 Jul 2016, 12:55 am »