Picture Of The Day

Maritan

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #2960 on: 1 May 2014, 04:26 pm »
Saw this little bugger on my hike in WA:

gnuyork

« Reply #2961 on: 1 May 2014, 07:34 pm »
Nice axe and great shot! With that rosewood fretboard, looks to be about a 1964. Custom Shop? When it comes to "three chords and the truth," I couldn't agree more: E, D, A. Play those configurations anywhere on the neck, and you got all the chords!

Actually mine is a Custom Shop 1960 Time Machine with a slab board rather than what would assume is a curved board on yours. Love your color too. I am a fender strat nut, but my current obsession is the tele and esquire. I am starting to build my own prototype esquire, but I am not going to keep it historically correct, gonna do my own twist.
« Last Edit: 1 May 2014, 09:01 pm by gnuyork »

jjdog2

« Reply #2962 on: 1 May 2014, 08:51 pm »
Down on the Outer Banks of North Carolina now.  Had some nice wave action today.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #2963 on: 1 May 2014, 11:03 pm »

SET Man

« Reply #2964 on: 1 May 2014, 11:07 pm »
Hi Buddy,

I really enjoy seeing your NYC street photography, especially in B&W. Thanks for keeping the love for film and vintage cameras alive!

Din

Hey!

You're welcome Din. I'm glade you enjoy them. :D

I love B&W, especially film. And I've never left film all together. Although I don't make prints much these days, I still do my own B&W film developing and scan them, a hybrid workflow you could say. As for color? Well, I don't develop color film... too much hassle and the chemical is much more toxic. Also, it costs more to do and I have to drop it off at the lab in the city. But! I do have a roll of Kodak Porta 800 in my 1977 Minolta XD11 right now and I should finished up the roll soon. It had been a while since my last roll of color negative. Can't wait! :hyper:

Truth to be told. I do envy you seeing your travel photos  :green: I don't travel much, kindna stuck here in NYC. But the good thing is that NYC is a great city, there's always something to see and experience. There's no deer or wild life here... beside dogs on the street, cats on window sills and rats in subway  :icon_lol: But I have to say New Yorkers, of which some are pretty wild made up for that.  :lol:

Well, with that here are more photos from that day's roll of film...

Apple Store 14th Street and 9th Ave. NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

Meatpacking District, NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

Ready To Wear. Meatpacking District, NYC by setpower1, on Flickr

The High Line, NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

View from the High Line, NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

Fire Escape Ladder, NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

Twin Empire State Buldings, NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

C Train 34th Street, NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

Also, Din it is good to see a fellow A-mount user in the mix here :D And FYI.... camera used that day was Minolta Maxxum 7 with Sony's Zeiss 24-70mm f2.8 and Sony 70-200mm f2.8 G (G lenses and some primes still made by Minolta for Sony I think). Film was Kodak T-Max 400. Digital conversion via Epson V550 scanner and Lightroom 4.

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

gnuyork

« Reply #2965 on: 2 May 2014, 01:29 am »
^ SET Man - Great shots!

Early B.

« Reply #2966 on: 2 May 2014, 01:40 am »
Headshot...

Guy 13

« Reply #2967 on: 2 May 2014, 01:42 am »
Hi Early B.
That's the kind of picture I prefer.
What type of lighting did you use
or is it natural (Window) lighting?

Guy 13

Early B.

« Reply #2968 on: 2 May 2014, 02:03 am »
Hi Early B.
That's the kind of picture I prefer.
What type of lighting did you use
or is it natural (Window) lighting?

Guy 13

Two strobe lights -- a 28" beauty dish about 45 degrees camera left, and a 5 ft. soft box on the right.

low.pfile

« Reply #2969 on: 2 May 2014, 02:06 am »
Buddy,
Great shots of the High Line park. and the newer additions too. Keep shootin, film and digital bud!

Guy 13

« Reply #2970 on: 2 May 2014, 02:21 am »
Two strobe lights -- a 28" beauty dish about 45 degrees camera left, and a 5 ft. soft box on the right.

Hi Early B.
Thanks for the info, however, can I push my luck and ask you what make of strobes you have?
If I ask it's because you probably don't know that my wife and I are exclusive/official importer
for professional photographic equipment.
We sell Bowens flash from UK, Daylite Brand from Taiwan, Lumidyne from USA, Falcon Eyes from Hong Kong and all the related equipment.
So now you understand my curiosity.

Guy 13

charmerci

« Reply #2971 on: 2 May 2014, 02:38 am »

The High Line, NYC. by setpower1, on Flickr

OK Buddy, which one of those window panes is 18% gray?  8)

Early B.

« Reply #2972 on: 2 May 2014, 02:39 am »
Hi Early B.
Thanks for the info, however, can I push my luck and ask you what make of strobes you have?
If I ask it's because you probably don't know that my wife and I are exclusive/official importer
for professional photographic equipment.
We sell Bowens flash from UK, Daylite Brand from Taiwan, Lumidyne from USA, Falcon Eyes from Hong Kong and all the related equipment.
So now you understand my curiosity.

Guy 13

I owned a set of inexpensive Chinese brand strobes (Mettle), but they worked just as well as the Alien Bees strobes I had owned previously.  If I ever got back into photography, I buy several Bowens Gemini 750Pro strobes.

gnuyork

« Reply #2973 on: 2 May 2014, 02:59 am »

OK Buddy, which one of those window panes is 18% gray?  8)

I vote this one:

Guy 13

« Reply #2974 on: 2 May 2014, 03:02 am »
I owned a set of inexpensive Chinese brand strobes (Mettle), but they worked just as well as the Alien Bees strobes I had owned previously.  If I ever got back into photography, I buy several Bowens Gemini 750Pro strobes.

Hi Early B.
I've been selling and servicing Bowens flashes for the past 18 years and if it was me, but it's not me, but if it was me, I would not buy the GM750Pro, the electronic is much more complicated than the GM500, the service department usually replace the whole PCB (Printed circuit board) and that cost several hundreds of hard earned $ $ $.
If you don't need the 750 ws them go wit the GM500 Classic it does not have all the bell and whistle but much cheaper to repair, and believe me, regardless of the make and model, one day sooner or later, it will need service.
Your choice, just wanted to let you know and share with you my experience, but it's your money and your decision.
By the way, I have access at many different makes and models via my showroom
and I use the Daylite KL-4D (300ws) and the KL-6D2X (600ws) of course I don't run a professioanl studio, those flash are just for me for fun, but they are very reliable (If not abuse) and inexpensive to repair.
(Bowens PCB 495 USD vs Daylite PCB 75 USD)
Sorry if I was/am a pain in the neck.

Guy 13

Early B.

« Reply #2975 on: 2 May 2014, 03:22 am »
Hi Early B.
I've been selling and servicing Bowens flashes for the past 18 years and if it was me, but it's not me, but if it was me, I would not buy the GM750Pro, the electronic is much more complicated than the GM500, the service department usually replace the whole PCB (Printed circuit board) and that cost several hundreds of hard earned $ $ $.
If you don't need the 750 ws them go wit the GM500 Classic it does not have all the bell and whistle but much cheaper to repair, and believe me, regardless of the make and model, one day sooner or later, it will need service.
Your choice, just wanted to let you know and share with you my experience, but it's your money and your decision.
By the way, I have access at many different makes and models via my showroom
and I use the Daylite KL-4D (300ws) and the KL-6D2X (600ws) of course I don't run a professioanl studio, those flash are just for me for fun, but they are very reliable (If not abuse) and inexpensive to repair.
(Bowens PCB 495 USD vs Daylite PCB 75 USD)
Sorry if I was/am a pain in the neck.

Guy 13

No worries. I have no desire to re-enter the field of photography. It's worse than audio in draining my money.

Early B.

« Reply #2976 on: 2 May 2014, 03:28 am »
Another one...

low.pfile

« Reply #2977 on: 2 May 2014, 04:25 am »
Another one...

Whoa! and nice shoes

Guy 13

« Reply #2978 on: 2 May 2014, 04:32 am »