Trip to Pensacola Beach.

jeffh

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #1781 on: 29 Sep 2012, 12:47 am »
 :thumb: beautiful shot PeteG

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #1782 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:09 pm »
Would it be too OT to link to a video of the day for hang glider fans?

http://www.youtube.com/v/pd5BMP_41bI&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #1783 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:30 pm »
That's freakin' awesome, Russell!!!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #1784 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:33 pm »
Wow. That's fantastic Russell!  :o :thumb:

milford3

« Reply #1785 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:43 pm »

Morning on the Jersey shore.

bside123

« Reply #1786 on: 29 Sep 2012, 06:29 pm »

This morning at the west end of 7 Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #1787 on: 29 Sep 2012, 07:15 pm »
One of the 75 balloons that entered in the "The Great Forest Park Balloon Race" a few days back.

mikeeastman

« Reply #1788 on: 29 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm »
Is that an Acme anvil I hear fall from the sky.  :lol: :lol:

img]http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=68620[/img]

bside123

« Reply #1789 on: 30 Sep 2012, 01:50 am »

Lighthouse - Negril, Jamaica

Jon L

« Reply #1790 on: 30 Sep 2012, 01:56 am »
Testing out the new flash diffuser, LumaBurst

DZ3C0801 by drjlo1, on Flickr

bside123

« Reply #1791 on: 30 Sep 2012, 01:59 am »
Testing out the new flash diffuser, LumaBurst

DZ3C0801 by drjlo1, on Flickr

Woah! Hey Jon L, I gotta say that I always enjoy seeing your images. Great eye, interesting techniques and provocative images. Keep 'em coming and thanks for photos. Din

bside123

« Reply #1792 on: 1 Oct 2012, 12:33 am »
After an entire day of an intense, Jamaican tropical storm (buckets of rain, lightening, thunder, wind, etc.), the Caribbean clouds finally cleared and revealed this…

The Lips of God Kissing The Planet

Celestial Caravan

Jon L

« Reply #1793 on: 1 Oct 2012, 01:21 am »
After an entire day of an intense, Jamaican tropical storm (buckets of rain, lightening, thunder, wind, etc.), the Caribbean clouds finally cleared and revealed this…

The Lips of God Kissing The Planet

Celestial Caravan

Man, that's something else  :thumb:

PeteG

« Reply #1794 on: 1 Oct 2012, 02:03 am »
^^^Really nice, did you use a ND filter (9 stop).

JakeJ

« Reply #1795 on: 1 Oct 2012, 02:03 am »
This whole page is incredible!!

bside123

« Reply #1796 on: 1 Oct 2012, 01:17 pm »
^^^Really nice, did you use a ND filter (9 stop).

Thanks guys! Although, I always shoot in RAW, here's how I took this particular series of shots.

No add on filters. My Sony A77 has a built-in, preset program for "Sunsets." It particularly warms the red and yellow tones. Although I've been adverse to using these presets, I thought "Hey. Why don't I try it? Why not?"

Last night was the very FIRST time that I ever tried the "Sunset Preset," BUT... what came out of the camera was just TOO much enhancement. So, I processed the images in Adobe Lightroom 4: Balanced the B&W, Backed Off the Reds and Yellows, and Reduced the Exposure by Approximately 2 Stops. I needed to add a little touch of Green that the preset removed in order to get the image to look correct.

BTW, after the processing, this IS pretty much how the sky looked down here in Negril last night. The shot is accurate. It was so awesome that travelers met outside on the cliffs with mouths hung open and lots of those "Wow!" exclamations.

I have to confess... not much photography here fellas; I was just lucky to catch the moment. "Somebody" else already composed the shot for me. This was simply point & shoot... couldn't go wrong!  :thumb:

Jon L

« Reply #1797 on: 2 Oct 2012, 03:20 am »
Trying something a little different for photoshoot for friend's kid. 

DZ3C0605 by drjlo1, on Flickr

SET Man

« Reply #1798 on: 3 Oct 2012, 04:42 am »
Thanks guys! Although, I always shoot in RAW, here's how I took this particular series of shots.

No add on filters. My Sony A77 has a built-in, preset program for "Sunsets." It particularly warms the red and yellow tones. Although I've been adverse to using these presets, I thought "Hey. Why don't I try it? Why not?"

Last night was the very FIRST time that I ever tried the "Sunset Preset," BUT... what came out of the camera was just TOO much enhancement. So, I processed the images in Adobe Lightroom 4: Balanced the B&W, Backed Off the Reds and Yellows, and Reduced the Exposure by Approximately 2 Stops. I needed to add a little touch of Green that the preset removed in order to get the image to look correct.

BTW, after the processing, this IS pretty much how the sky looked down here in Negril last night. The shot is accurate. It was so awesome that travelers met outside on the cliffs with mouths hung open and lots of those "Wow!" exclamations.

I have to confess... not much photography here fellas; I was just lucky to catch the moment. "Somebody" else already composed the shot for me. This was simply point & shoot... couldn't go wrong!  :thumb:

Hey!

bside123, those two shots are beautiful... especially the first one. Well, I guess the rain ruined your day at the beach but it sure gave you beautiful view after that you captured in photograph. Very nice catch, the color looks good... good job there.

Talking about the "Sunset" setting. I have the A700 and I've never noticed it... I took my camera out after I've read your post and yeah there it is right on the top dial.  :lol: Usually I set my camera to M most of the time but sometime to A and S.

BTW... how do you like the electronic view finder (EVF) on the A77 compare to optical one?

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

bside123

« Reply #1799 on: 3 Oct 2012, 02:20 pm »

BTW... how do you like the electronic view finder (EVF) on the A77 compare to optical one?

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Overall, I like the EVF quite a bit. As I get to know it, as well as get to understand how it works and what it can do, I am appreciating it even more. The WYSIWYG factor is fantastic, as it really allows you to see what the sensor is actually seeing in the way the sensor sees. I also like the assist that "peak focusing" makes for spot and fine focusing, as well as all of the on display information. (Space shuttle like.) This eliminates a lot of focusing errors, i.e., zone, back & front focusing errors. Another feature that comes in handy, for different light conditions, is the view finder can be adjusted +/- for light. For example, at night, the view finder can be bumped up, so that the view is slightly brighter brighter than the actual photo, akin to "night vision." The beach photos I've been taking can be seen beforehand through the viewfinder. As other's have mentioned, one of the challenges is in panning. It takes a little getting used to... not as convenient as OVF, nonetheless it can be done and perfected as one practices. The camera has a very high burst rate: up to 12 fps, but I rarely use it. Hope this helps.  :thumb: