Picture Of The Day

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #1580 on: 30 May 2012, 08:42 pm »

WHAT THE HELL WAS THE ADVERTISING COMPANY THINKING???

BTW, this photo was taken while standing next to a liquor store.  You think THAT isn't a sign that points to the folly of Demon Rum?    :duh: :banghead: :slap: :rules: :bawl: :shake: :stupid: :wtf: :peek:

From a woman friend of mine..................."I’m confused by the condoms to go. Are there condom stores where you use them there?"    :lol:

JakeJ

« Reply #1581 on: 30 May 2012, 11:38 pm »
That's funny right there, I don't care who y'all are!

Jon L

« Reply #1582 on: 1 Jun 2012, 02:02 am »
Wish I had a couple more seconds.

DZ3C3367 by drjlo1, on Flickr

PeteG

« Reply #1583 on: 1 Jun 2012, 02:56 am »
Taken this morning outside of Aspen, CO.

stlrman

« Reply #1584 on: 1 Jun 2012, 04:06 pm »
Wow!!! :D :thumb:
Epic Pete!!
I used to live in Telluride and Crested Butte for 8 years. Thanks for this awesome image.
Todd

jvc

« Reply #1585 on: 1 Jun 2012, 09:14 pm »
Some very nice scenery PeteG. I wish we had some like that around here............ :)

Jon L........... Love the hummer. Maybe crop a little closer to her, so she's bigger, and you can see her better. But, good pic of her, with her wings back and her tail fanned out.

PeteG

« Reply #1586 on: 1 Jun 2012, 11:39 pm »
Thanks guy's

Wow!!! :D :thumb:
Epic Pete!!
I used to live in Telluride and Crested Butte for 8 years. Thanks for this awesome image.
Todd

Todd, maybe you can give me some good spots to go when I get out that way.

Jon L

« Reply #1587 on: 3 Jun 2012, 05:11 am »
Trying crop body for more reach.

IMG_0807 by drjlo1, on Flickr

bside123

« Reply #1588 on: 3 Jun 2012, 01:01 pm »
Been playing my "new" vintage, 1985 Minolta 70-210mm f/4.0 "Beercan" Lens.

Morning Dove at the bird feeder in the early morning light.
ISO 400, 210mm (320mm equivalent - full out), f/5.6, 1/250

navi

« Reply #1589 on: 3 Jun 2012, 01:50 pm »
Ya know, we can wax rhapsodic about a picture being worth a thousand words, or we might see a photograph the beauty of which leaves us speechless, but once in a generation or so we find that momentous happenstance of imagery that leads us to ask:

WHAT THE HELL WAS THE ADVERTISING COMPANY THINKING???

BTW, this photo was taken while standing next to a liquor store.  You think THAT isn't a sign that points to the folly of Demon Rum?    :duh: :banghead: :slap: :rules: :bawl: :shake: :stupid: :wtf: :peek:

Not picture of the day but picture of the year!!!

navi

« Reply #1590 on: 3 Jun 2012, 02:00 pm »
My "going back to film" period in my life right now. Shot this on location
Finally worked out how to get the best out of the 25iso ortho film (rate it at 12ISO process in Rodinal 1:100 dilution for 10mins @16deg).

I had the 1200joules Broncolor Mobil flash pack at full power trying to get it to f11 but the best it could produce was f8 so I had to shoot it at f8

The 180mm lens has fungus inside which i took apart and cleaned (180mm is about 55mm in a SLR camera)

Did another version on the Hasselblad H2D digital medium format camera

http://www.ijproductions.com/blog/2012/05/26/black-and-white-film-portrait-photography/

Jon L

« Reply #1591 on: 3 Jun 2012, 03:30 pm »
Mobile flash packs are the bomb :thumb:

Do you have any H2D photos in B&W version?

bside123

« Reply #1592 on: 4 Jun 2012, 01:59 am »

Portrait of a Morning Dove taken yesterday morning at the bird feeder behind the farmhouse.  I'm just beginning to get the hang of using this vintage, Minolta telephoto lens. Gotta get me a tripod. This is hand held. Din

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #1593 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:13 am »
WOW!  Great shot!  Looks like it came right out of the pages of the Missouri Conservationist Magazine.

BTW, if you do get a tripod get a good one.  Bogen, Gitzo, etc, and get a good BALL HEAD!  Much faster and more flexible than a three-way head. 

'brick

p.s. Been on the road again, but I am back working on those two Nikon lenses.  Need to get the owner's OK to ship them to your buddy.

bside123

« Reply #1594 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:17 am »
WOW!  Great shot!  Looks like it came right out of the pages of the Missouri Conservationist Magazine.

BTW, if you do get a tripod get a good one.  Bogen, Gitzo, etc, and get a good BALL HEAD!  Much faster and more flexible than a three-way head. 

'brick

p.s. Been on the road again, but I am back working on those two Nikon lenses.  Need to get the owner's OK to ship them to your buddy.

Yea, hand held with this heavy 70-210mm metal lens is for the birds. ;-) Heard you were out of town. Give me a shout regarding those Nikon lenses whenever you know something. My friend mentioned it to me just today. Could be a real buyer. Din

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #1595 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:24 am »
Sometimes I think those clunky metal tele lenses are more stable than the lightweight stuff.

Last week I loaned my 70-200 2.8 to a friend who said it was WAY too heavy.  When I got back from my trip she said the lens had a certain "magic" and that now she doesn't want to give it back.

Now, if I can just get her to buy a turntable...............said the spider to the fly.  Hehe.   :icon_twisted:

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #1596 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:48 am »
Clarification on the ball head comment.

A ball head is wonderful if you have a tripod mount on the lens!  If you don't have that be careful about hanging a heavy lens on a lightweight body.  Maybe a monopod?

'brick

navi

« Reply #1597 on: 4 Jun 2012, 11:09 am »
Mobile flash packs are the bomb :thumb:

Do you have any H2D photos in B&W version?

No. Shot is digital. I don't like going BW with digital files anymore they just don't look right

PeteG

« Reply #1598 on: 4 Jun 2012, 04:38 pm »
I saw this snowy egret in a dry creek bed.

SET Man

« Reply #1599 on: 4 Jun 2012, 08:32 pm »
No. Shot is digital. I don't like going BW with digital files anymore they just don't look right

Hey!

Navi, nice shots and very nice scan of the B&W. And yes I know what you mean getting B&W from color file. That neg detail must be superb .

Take care,
Buddy :thumb: