How long have you waited or have you been waiting to take delivery of a new car?

Strats991

Looking into buying a 2022 VW Jetta and the last reports I've seen indicated that April would be optimistic.

How many months have you waited or have been waiting to get your new vehicle?

Emil

If it's not on the lot, who knows?

Are they pricing above MSRP?

My lease is coming up soon and no looking forward to any of this

Doublej

If it's not on the lot, who knows?

Are they pricing above MSRP?

My lease is coming up soon and no looking forward to any of this

The good news is you can likely buy your lease car for less than its worth. So you could purchase it and then not be in crisis mode for obtaining another leased vehicle.

Emil

The good news is you can likely buy your lease car for less than its worth. So you could purchase it and then not be in crisis mode for obtaining another leased vehicle.

Exactly!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -

My Son did exactly that. made 7K.

charles

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
A friend picked up a Maverick after another customer cancelled his order and turned around and sold it to Carvana for $8000 more than he paid for it.

rockadanny

New? About 30 years for me  :)

Phil A

I don't need a new car.  But I'm looking and if the right deal comes along, I'll pick it up if it is what I want.  Honestly, at this point, I think (unless I want to travel further than my local dealer), it's just as likely as it will be next year.  I don't like to wait until I really need a car and can't wait.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
About 6 months ago, I got all excited at the prospect of buying a 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid pickup. Then, I learned it wouldn't be released until Spring, and got to watch as the non-hybrid Tundras trickled out of the factory (chip shortage). Between the wait; recent prices; the unexciting hybrid miles per gallon results, and recent fuel prices, I've decided I can wait. We've got a 2017 RX450h with 35k miles and a 2007 Tacoma with 101k miles. At the rate we add miles to either vehicle, we may be able to wait ten years before buying another vehicle. [Leaves more money for important items like audio gear!]

GeneS

I ordered a 2022 on October 31, 2021. Took delivery the week between Christmas and New Years. 8 weeks +/-.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
I ordered a 2022 on October 31, 2021. Took delivery the week between Christmas and New Years. 8 weeks +/-.

Merry Christmas! Which vehicle did you get?

GeneS

Merry Christmas! Which vehicle did you get?

Ha, ha  :lol: Yes!  That worked out well, although not intentional.
I got a Jeep Gladiator Mojave.
The dealer had a ‘21 on the lot, but sold it before I could get there. When I went in, I ended up ordering one with the features I wanted. By that time, they had ceased ‘21 production and were beginning ‘22 builds. Actually, the build went quite quickly. The truck sat in a parking lot at the factory for a time because they didn’t have truck drivers to deliver them! That probably added a couple of weeks to the delivery time.

mhconley

Rivian R1S

I'll let you know...

The timeline so far:
01/06/22: Deposit placed (no estimated delivery date)

Martin