Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

JakeJ

Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #60 on: 7 Oct 2016, 12:55 pm »
Will files on a thumb drive work?  If so do I need to worry about how the drive formatted before putting music files on it?

dixi

« Reply #61 on: 7 Oct 2016, 02:00 pm »
Hi,I live in Edmond's,WA and I would like to meeting you guys to share impressions about our hobby.I can bring my universal CD/DVD Exemplar Oppo105 if is any interest.Hope to see you guys soon,
Flo

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #62 on: 7 Oct 2016, 03:54 pm »
Will files on a thumb drive work?  If so do I need to worry about how the drive formatted before putting music files on it?

I have not tried a thumb drive before but I think it has to be formatted for an apple computer.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #63 on: 7 Oct 2016, 03:57 pm »
Hi,I live in Edmond's,WA and I would like to meeting you guys to share impressions about our hobby.I can bring my universal CD/DVD Exemplar Oppo105 if is any interest.Hope to see you guys soon,
Flo

Hi Flo,

Besides the people that are coming this time I have a friend that is also coming so I think we are full this time. You are more than welcome to come next time if it is at my house. Also, if someone ends up not making it you are welcome to come, keep your eye on this thread. Thank you for the offer to use your Oppo, I've been wanting to hear one of those so perhaps next time you could bring it?

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #64 on: 7 Oct 2016, 04:24 pm »
Greg,

Since my schedule is still up in the air, I'll take a raincheck. Will miss meeting everyone, but all in good time. Have Great Time !   :thumb:  Hope that helps.

Sonny

« Reply #65 on: 7 Oct 2016, 06:33 pm »
Hi Flo,

Besides the people that are coming this time I have a friend that is also coming so I think we are full this time. You are more than welcome to come next time if it is at my house. Also, if someone ends up not making it you are welcome to come, keep your eye on this thread. Thank you for the offer to use your Oppo, I've been wanting to hear one of those so perhaps next time you could bring it?

Greg, if need be, I can also give my place at the event to someone else!  Just let me know!

Thanks
T

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #66 on: 7 Oct 2016, 07:05 pm »
Greg, if need be, I can also give my place at the event to someone else!  Just let me know!

Thanks
T

I think we are good Tuan, you started this so you have to come now :lol:

Flo, you are welcome to come since Author has decided to skip this GTG. It would be great if you can bring your Oppo.

Hopefully Author, you will make the next one.

dixi

« Reply #67 on: 7 Oct 2016, 08:25 pm »
Thanks Greg,
I'll bring the Exemplar Oppo 105 and some good IPA.
I will PM soon for address,
Have a great weekend for all of you,
Flo

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #68 on: 7 Oct 2016, 10:21 pm »
Thanks Greg,
I'll bring the Exemplar Oppo 105 and some good IPA.
I will PM soon for address,
Have a great weekend for all of you,
Flo

Sounds great Flo, now people can bring CDs to play as all my music is on the computer.

JakeJ

« Reply #69 on: 9 Oct 2016, 02:05 am »
So I got the thumb drive thing figured out ( I think) and will be bringing some music that way as well as some on disc.  Also I will bring my transport, a CEC TL51X.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #70 on: 18 Oct 2016, 10:33 pm »
I had the carpal tunnel surgery yesterday and stayed home today.  Can't do anything much with the left hand at this point.  I'll let you tomorrow evening if I will be there this Saturday.

Jeff

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #71 on: 18 Oct 2016, 10:47 pm »
I had the carpal tunnel surgery yesterday and stayed home today.  Can't do anything much with the left hand at this point.  I'll let you tomorrow evening if I will be there this Saturday.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Hopefully you can make it and you heal quickly. If it's too hard to bring gear just bring yourself, you will still be able to hear what the speakers can do...

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #72 on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:44 am »
Do we have a start time?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #73 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:27 am »
Do we have a start time?

The start time is noon on Saturday, very sorry for not being more involved before now...

I have had a very difficult time the last 3 weeks with Mom in emergency twice, (we take care of her) in and out of two rehab facilities and last Sunday we lost our Mat the Cat who we have had for 13 years. This came much quicker than what we were told so it was especially hard. Then right after he passed I had 8 family members staying here until this morning. Needless to say we are pretty fried right now but life goes on...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. Jake, if you could post here, pm or email me about any ideas you have for food that would be great! I have ideas as well so I'm sure we will be fine. My wife Tracey will be heading up to our beach house for the weekend so we will have the audio room and the house to ourselves which of course includes the house kitchen.

If anyone has any questions let me know here or PM, email me tonight or tomorrow. I know this is going to be fun and believe me I could use some fun!

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #74 on: 21 Oct 2016, 04:12 am »
Dude!  Are you sure you want to do this now?  We can wait, family and your own well being are more important.

Sonny

« Reply #75 on: 21 Oct 2016, 04:25 am »
Dude!  Are you sure you want to do this now?  We can wait, family and your own well being are more important.

Agreed!  Jake we can postpone if need be!

Family is FIRST!

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #76 on: 21 Oct 2016, 04:44 am »
Guys,

This is exactly what I need!

Like I said, I'm looking forward to this and all is good right now. Mom is in a great place getting rehab and nursing care and each day makes the loss of my cat a little easier. 

Come on over and let's have some fun! 

I wasn't trying to whine about anything, I was just explaining why I wasn't more on top of our GTG which I normally would be. Looking forward to the experience and meeting some people who are into a hobby that I really enjoy!

Come and have a great time, that's what matters to me right now!

JakeJ

« Reply #77 on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:10 pm »
Good enough!  Thanks, Greg.  We just wanted you to have the opportunity.

SFDude

« Reply #78 on: 21 Oct 2016, 05:49 pm »
Greg, best wishes for you during a particular tough time in your family's life. Hope you guys get "sucked into the music"!

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #79 on: 21 Oct 2016, 05:53 pm »
Greg, best wishes for you during a particular tough time in your family's life. Hope you guys get "sucked into the music"!

Thank you for that! Hopefully you will be able to come to the next one.