Vinyl accessories

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Vinyl accessories
« on: 4 Feb 2018, 01:07 am »
Where/who is a good place to get vinyl accessories? I need inner sleeves, outer sleeves, protective sleeves, and brushes.

MaxCast

Re: Vinyl accessories
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2018, 01:18 am »
sleevecityusa.com

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2018, 03:51 am »

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2018, 03:56 am »
+2.

get on the sleeve city mailing list, they frequently have 15 percent off...
once a year it's 18 percent off, I think Black Friday/Cyber Monday or something.

The double-lined inner sleeve is absolutely the best one out there!

Paul

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2018, 05:31 am »

Audio Refugee

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2018, 07:34 pm »
Those are same sleeves I've been using. They seem to work. After cleaning my collection I slip the clean vinyl into them. Helps me keep track of what I've cleaned and what I need still need to.

Don_S

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2018, 07:48 pm »
My first time on the Sleeve City sight.  Overwhelmed by the choices.  Any advantage to the Diskeeper round bottom sleeves compared to the square?  Seems like the round bottom ones would be easier to insert into the outer sleeve. I see the square ones are 2.0m vs 1.5 for the round.

Audio Refugee

« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2018, 08:57 pm »
For me the square bottoms were a better choice. The square edge corner on the enclosed side gives me something to grasp while being able to easily slide the vinyl out of the sleeve. I can't pich the vinyl that way. This way allows me to limit significant finger contact with the vinyl. I can drop the vinyl to the edge of my palm, and with my hand cupped I can use the tip of my fingers to catch the center of label on the way out. To be honest though, I really don't know what affect finger oil has on vinyl. Just kinda seems obvious though to me, so I avoid it. Cleaning takes time.  :lol:
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2018, 11:00 pm by Audio Refugee »

orthobiz

« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2018, 09:12 pm »
I hate round bottom sleeves. They never seem to go in correctly for me.

Paul