SongTowers and SongCenter for sale - SOLD

jsalk

SongTowers and SongCenter for sale - SOLD
« on: 28 Apr 2015, 07:23 pm »
These speakers are currently in Minneapolis and are being sold by the owner.  He will fill in all the details.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2015, 03:30 pm by jsalk »

audiocrazy

Re: SongTowers and SongCenter for sale
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2015, 10:03 pm »
I'm selling Song Towers, Center and Surround I's in Honey Oak as I recently upgraded to Salk SoundScape 8. I'm the original owner and have been in same room since i bought them.

These are the speakers I've held for the longest time since I've been in this hobby. They have such tremendous value that I didn't feel a need to upgrade until the SoundScape came out.
The bass coming out of these speakers is so amazing that at times I had to check if subwoofer was on. I've paired them with various electronics and they kept on sounding better as I upgraded to better electronics.

Jim has a very nice video on them http://www.salksound.com/songtower%20home.htm
Here is the link to Song Center http://www.salksound.com/songtcenter%20features-pricing.htm

SOLD

Here is how its setup.

Closeup pics

Surrounds

« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2015, 04:17 pm by audiocrazy »

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2015, 11:39 pm »
You should let the crew within the MN Audio Society know about these.

audiocrazy

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2015, 11:44 pm »
You should let the crew within the MN Audio Society know about these.
I'm not aware of MN Audio Society. I would appreciate if u can share that info?

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2015, 12:25 am »
I'm not aware of MN Audio Society. I would appreciate if u can share that info?

https://sites.google.com/site/audiosocietyofminnesota/

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2015, 05:17 am »
I know one member who may share this thread with the group if that's OK. He is actually active here. I'll keep you posted tomorrow morning.

audiocrazy

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2015, 01:35 pm »
I know one member who may share this thread with the group if that's OK. He is actually active here. I'll keep you posted tomorrow morning.
That's absolutely fine and i appreciate it.

omasciarotte

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2015, 03:00 pm »
Hey Phil,

Our last ASM meeting is 7PM, April 19th at the Pavek Museum in St. Louis Pk. Think about dropping by to say Hi!

OMas
SuperTweak & ASM President for Life

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2015, 03:57 pm »
That's absolutely fine and i appreciate it.

Your thread has been shared.  I hope it works out for you!

audiocrazy

« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2015, 03:09 am »
Added closeup pics.
« Last Edit: 5 May 2015, 06:16 pm by audiocrazy »

audiocrazy

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2015, 05:25 pm »
Price Reduced to $2,000.

audiocrazy

« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2015, 03:58 pm »
WOW no offers yet on these great sounding speakers. :scratch:

BTW added Song Surrounds I's for sale. I'll add pics later as I have to unmount them.

audiocrazy

« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2015, 03:18 pm »
Surrounds I's pics added. They are still mounted and matches perfectly to rest of the package.

audiocrazy

« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2015, 03:50 pm »
Just to let you know that this can be refinished in any other veneer of your choice. The options on veneer are limitless and Jim is known to match what you ask for.
You can send an email to Jim Salk and he can quote you on that.

Check this customization Jim did for Exotica 3
http://salksound.com/gallery/exotica3/e3-pete.jpg

I can ship to Jim if that's the route you wanna go.
This is a great package deal and I'm really surprised nobody has shown any interest.

Don't hesitate and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

JonnyFive

« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2015, 06:15 pm »
It may be timing. People have spent (blown) their tax returns already and have now satiated their need to make a large purchase.  Give it some time, they'll sell.

audiocrazy

« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2015, 06:20 pm »
It may be timing. People have spent (blown) their tax returns already and have now satiated their need to make a large purchase.  Give it some time, they'll sell.
That's what I thought. I guess I'll to play the waiting game...

harley52

« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2015, 07:38 am »
Considering the retail price of the towers is $2k and they are used I believe your asking price is very high. Remember and correct me if I'm wrong there is no warranty and if something happens in the shipping then the buyer has a ton of headaches trying to get the situation settled with the carrier. That's just my opinion, but I been checking used price on speakers and electronics for a year and a half and most everything being sold at A-gon are getting 40%-60% of retail. For only a 20% savings for your speakers is just not enough of a discount to even consider a purchase, be it your speakers or any others being sold no matter the builder.

jsalk

« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2015, 11:28 am »
Considering the retail price of the towers is $2k and they are used I believe your asking price is very high. Remember and correct me if I'm wrong there is no warranty and if something happens in the shipping then the buyer has a ton of headaches trying to get the situation settled with the carrier. That's just my opinion, but I been checking used price on speakers and electronics for a year and a half and most everything being sold at A-gon are getting 40%-60% of retail. For only a 20% savings for your speakers is just not enough of a discount to even consider a purchase, be it your speakers or any others being sold no matter the builder.

harly52 -

You are correct.  Most retail speakers sell used for about 50% of new.  But keep these things in mind: 

1) The retail price of a speaker includes a 50% dealer margin.  So even at half price, you are still paying the full wholesale value of the speaker.  Our speakers are basically sold a wholesale to begin with.  So all things being equal, they should not depreciate in value anywhere near the rate of speakers sold at retail.

2) We generally adjust our prices every year or two.  The longer you own your speakers, the greater the differential between what you paid and the current cost of the same build.  So anyone buying them used will have to consider how much they are saving by purchasing used.  The greater this differential becomes, the more older speakers retain their value.

3) The demand on the used market for our speakers generally exceeds the used supply.  So their value is a bit higher than one would normally expect.

Historically, our speakers generally sell on the used market for 20 - 30% off their original price. So in this particular situation, the asking price is reasonable.

- Jim

Phil A

« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2015, 01:56 pm »
People often forget what a big bargain a direct to consumer model is.  Go into a store and start auditioning speakers, an amp sold or another component sold at retail and you are spending a whole lot more money.  A local store just had an event near me and had a pair of speakers someone bought (waiting for an addition to a house that is almost done).  They were $80k retail.  Yes they were really nice sounding.  But if they were sold via a direct to consumer approach, they would be a lot less.

audiocrazy

« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2015, 03:47 pm »
harly52 -

You are correct.  Most retail speakers sell used for about 50% of new.  But keep these things in mind: 

1) The retail price of a speaker includes a 50% dealer margin.  So even at half price, you are still paying the full wholesale value of the speaker.  Our speakers are basically sold a wholesale to begin with.  So all things being equal, they should not depreciate in value anywhere near the rate of speakers sold at retail.

2) We generally adjust our prices every year or two.  The longer you own your speakers, the greater the differential between what you paid and the current cost of the same build.  So anyone buying them used will have to consider how much they are saving by purchasing used.  The greater this differential becomes, the more older speakers retain their value.

3) The demand on the used market for our speakers generally exceeds the used supply.  So their value is a bit higher than one would normally expect.

Historically, our speakers generally sell on the used market for 20 - 30% off their original price. So in this particular situation, the asking price is reasonable.

- Jim
Jim a big Thank you for the detailed explanation. :thumb:

Harley52,
I understand where you are coming from as I was in the same boat before I bought Salks. I've owned & auditioned Speakers from Big Brand Names and their price/performance ratio is way over board than their listed MSRP.
I'll give you an example. I'd Polk Lsi series setup before I got Song series. The MSRP on Lsi where more than Song Series speakers and I'd not even heard Song speaker before I bought them. When I got Song Series setup price/performance ratio was way more than I expected. I think I would have payed double for Big Brand Name speaker to get the same same performance of Song Series.
Moreover my pricing is based on recent sales on various forums.
I think my asking price of $2,300 is very reasonable for 5.0 Song Series and comes to about 38% off the currently listed price.
Where did you see the price of Song series listed for 60% off?