"One hundred years of Leica cameras" BBC News

SET Man

"One hundred years of Leica cameras" BBC News
« on: 24 May 2014, 03:35 am »
Hey!

(Photo:Leica)

From BBC News short video about Leica's 100th anniversary...
   http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27516384

From Leica's site, check out the "Iconic Photos" galleries, camera time-line and etc below....

http://us.leica-camera.com/World-of-Leica/100-years-of-Leica-photography/Leica-100-years/News-Events

I started out in photography in the day of film. I remembered admiring those old Leica's film cameras every time I see one back than. I've never own one, but thanks to people I know I have handled an M3 and MP of which was a beauty to shoot with. Even in today's digital world, I still have high respect for those old Leica film cameras.

Some of the most memorable photos were taken with a Leica camera. They were and still a great film cameras, especially the M series.

But sadly I feel that Leica today is very different than Leica back than. It seems like it become more of "life style" luxury products rather than a photographer's tool. Well, that's is just my opinion.

Well, still congratulation to Leica for it's 100th anniversary, thank you Oskar Barnack and Ernst Leitz for popularized 35mm film and cameras.

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

charmerci

Re: "One hundred years of Leica cameras" BBC News
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2014, 02:31 pm »
Yeah, I've always wanted a 500 series Hasselblad and then later a Leica but they've always been a bit pricey for me and now with digital technology, their prices are even more out of reach!  :duh:

(Obviously, the cheaper Leica P&S is not too bad but they're not much better than others at their price range.)

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2014, 11:26 pm »
Yeah, I've always wanted a 500 series Hasselblad and then later a Leica but they've always been a bit pricey for me and now with digital technology, their prices are even more out of reach!  :duh:

(Obviously, the cheaper Leica P&S is not too bad but they're not much better than others at their price range.)

Hey!

Well, it is not too late to get a Hassy 500 or a Leica M film cameras, feed it with some films and have fun with it  :wink:

Take care,

gnuyork

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2014, 12:18 am »
Hey is that a vintage X1?  :lol:

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2014, 12:36 am »
Hey is that a vintage X1?  :lol:

Hey!

Hmmm... you're right. I think thats's X1 and now X2 great great grandfather. Yes, you can really see the resembling  :lol:

Take care,