Omega's and Musical Paradise MP 301 Mk3 Opinions neede!

NoDisco

Re: Omega's and Musical Paradise MP 301 Mk3 Opinions neede!
« Reply #20 on: 12 Nov 2019, 08:41 pm »

I also use SS during the summertime. I've had good experiences with SS, but I won't tell you who with, lol.

vinylhi

« Reply #21 on: 15 Nov 2019, 05:20 am »
I'm going to guess......Bel Canto?

vinylhi

« Reply #22 on: 26 Dec 2019, 09:19 pm »
Aloha,

My CAM's in beautiful quartered ebony have finally arrived, after a few days of break-in, and some early auditioning I find myself asking "What have I done?" I've gone down the rabbit hole of many different types of conventional multi-driver speakers and solid-state amplification over the years chasing what I thought I wanted only to be completely upended by this simple unassuming paper cone with a whizzer in the middle and a 6-watt SET amp that's about $330! Are you kidding? Was it that easy?

I assumed I would be enjoying listening to "music" as opposed to "recordings" as I have in the past based on what I've read about Louis's designs. I couldn't have been more wrong. The disappearing act is remarkable and the coherency is so smooth from top to bottom. Even a family member commented on how much he could hear the space the recording was made in. My wife picked up on the different types of percussion on the DCC remaster of Hotel California, not to mention she loves the look of the CAM's too!

The combination of Alnico and jazz guitar is the real deal and was a big reason I chose them over the Super 7's and I'm so happy I did. The next thing to do is save up for a higher quality amp like a Decware. I've heard that synergy is amazing.

Of course, I have to mention how awesome Louis has been with this sale and I look forward to future purchases down the road! His shipping was very fair for Hawaii standards and I know he ate some of the costs associated with shipping out there.

mac48025

« Reply #23 on: 28 Dec 2019, 07:05 pm »
Congrats, those speakers look great. I have a pair of CAM’s along with a pair of the Deephemp 8 subs on order and am very encouraged by your initial results. Please keep us informed of their progress.

Dmason

« Reply #24 on: 29 Dec 2019, 12:08 am »
Glad to hear things are working out, early impressions good, and as usual, Louis the good guy is in the mix..

Wonderful sounding speakers. Music lovers only need apply. Enjoy, and apprise us of developments. After about 250 hours they really open up. You are likely only getting a suggestion of how open they really are!!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #25 on: 29 Dec 2019, 12:09 am »
Congratulations!  I have had similar experience.  Tried all sorts of multiway speakers from Paradigm Sig to Salk SS8 and solid state pres and amps of all kinds.  The Omegas do it for me.  I have SAM-HO's with elaborate Rythmic bass foundation.  Omegas powered by Dennis Had hand built single ended 8watt pentode tube pre and amp.  Auralic as source and DAC top it off.  It's been about a year now and I haven't had any temptation to swap anything out.  Listening is finally satisfying and without that little bit that always seemed to be off or missing.  Can't say it was inexpensive though!

Dmason

« Reply #26 on: 2 Jan 2020, 02:51 am »
tonight I was at the aforementioned friend's house visiting and listening..  we put on things we know will be highlighted by the speakers, material with favoured Gibson hollow body jazz guitars, Hammond organ etc. Of special note was the remastered Dire Straits 'Love Over  Gold" and Telegraph Road. Listen to the first interlude where there is a break with just melodic, sustained guitar notes playing over piano and Hammond organ. This is already a legendary album for its production, alone. Remastered takes it alot further.  Joey DeFrancesco Live of the 5 Spot, great album.

Just saying this kind of stuff just absolutely cooks, on these speakers. Louis, they are fabulous. He is using my on loan Fisher ELL80 integrated. Nice.

mac48025

« Reply #27 on: 2 Jan 2020, 11:21 pm »
Obviously I’m new here and don’t own Omegas......yet. That should change in a couple of weeks or so. Reading all of these posts has me more excited to have my Omega’s than ever. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences and pictures. While I’m mostly excited about their sound the fact that they look great sure doesn’t hurt.

jmolsberg

« Reply #28 on: 3 Jan 2020, 02:24 am »
^ they certainly look good and sound even better! Are you running them with the aric 300 monos? Be prepared to exercise some patience - for break in  😊

mac48025

« Reply #29 on: 3 Jan 2020, 11:41 pm »
Yes,I’ll be driving them with my Aric Audio 300B amps and I’ll certainly give them plenty of time to break in before evaluating them. Sounds like they need a good 100 hours to settle in and they keep on improving thereafter with them really opening up at about 250 hours? I’ll have the pair of deephemp 8’s to break in also. The wife will love all the bass heavy music I’ll be using to break them in!

vinylhi

« Reply #30 on: 4 Jan 2020, 02:23 am »
The Aric 300B looks stunning! Once mine have broken in I'll plunge into a higher-end amp, although for the money the Musical Paradise MP-301 is a bargain. Aric is out of my price league but there are intriguing options in the $1K to $1.5K range. Decware, Dennis Had's Inspire, Elekit and Audio Note Kit amps. It should be a fun search! Definitely loving jazz guitar and Hammond organ over the CAM's. I also see a sub in my future, small, sealed, something like the Deephemp 8 maybe!

vinylhi

« Reply #31 on: 30 Jan 2020, 05:04 am »
Well, here it is about a month into listening to my CAM's. They just get better and better. Upgraded my phono stage recently from a Lounge LCR to a Sutherland KC Vibe. The difference was not subtle at all. The CAM's really showcased the differences. The Lounge is a great piece for the money but the Sutherland's improved noise floor and instrument separation was instantly noticeable. I'm still so floored by the midrange coherency of these speakers. I haven't bothered with a subwoofer yet and my Musical Paradise MP-301 is about to undergo some mods. I'm really looking forward to experiencing the changes through the Omega's. Can't get enough Joe Pass through these!