Introduction

elgatoG

Introduction
« on: 21 Oct 2020, 04:57 pm »
Hello!  My name is Tom Myers and I'm a lawyer in Cincinnati OH.  i'm interested in all things audiophile, but can't say that I really have the ears, knowledge. or budget to let things get out of control.  I just finished my first build, a set of C-Notes from Parts Express (which is conveniently only about 40 minutes away from my house).  I came across Peter R's videos on YouTube and was inspired to finish the C-Notes in oak veneer despite having no woodworking skills to speak of.  They came out pretty well and sound great!  I think I want to try the X-LS Encores for my next project.  And possibly build a sub as well.  Anyway, glad to be here.  Thanks.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2020, 07:38 pm »
Welcome to AC!
Feel free to ask anyone here for help, there's plenty of people all in different stages of experience and knowledge that are more than happy to help!

I have a pair of *mostly* base level X-LS with the only upgrade being tube connectors running in parallel with the stock binding post cup, and I think you'll be pleased with how great the X-LS kits sound, wether you go with a base kit or the full upgrade!

I'm still fairly new into the audiophile scene myself, but these have been a great learning experience, & I'm slowly building myself a pair of NX-Studios, that I'm even more excited about finishing, hopefully by the end of the year or into early next year~ :thumb: