Hypex Ncore Amps Announced

medium jim

Re: Hypex Ncore Amps Announced
« Reply #400 on: 19 Mar 2012, 12:44 am »
I have been a rocker all my life, since the 50's. But unfortunately, very few rock recordings ever made are worthy of high-end audio systems. What I thought was great soumding back in the 60's, 70's, and 80's turned to mediocrity as my system advanced. I love the Beatles, Doors, Led Zeppelin, Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Boston etc. I still listen to rock on the radio, but never on my audiophile system.

So I have turned to Diana Krall, Melody Gardot, Judith Owen, Boz Scaggs, Norah Jones, and the like to listen and enjoy my audiophile system. I would need at least a highly distorted equalizer to be able to listen to my old rock groups.

If you ever go to RMAF, very rarely, will you ever hear any systems playing the 70's-80's rock. They are just not recorded well enough.

Tom:

There are a few bands that did record correctly, Steely Dan and Jethro Tull come to mind, but these aren't hard rock bands...

I agree that most of the rock from the 60's, 70's and 80's was a vast wasteland as analog boards gave way to SS and then to the early incarnation of Digital. 

Jim

OzarkTom

« Reply #401 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:00 am »
http://www.audiophilejournal.com/mola-mola-hypex-class-d-amplifier/

Honestly, I want to try the Ncores also, but this Mola-Mola Amp-Dac-Pre excites me the most. No more interconnects and no more USB cables to ever color the sound. Maybe Bruno can hit a home run on this product also. I am going to hold out for this one.

I am sure he is working hard and fast to bring this out soon. Maybe it will be out by mid summer.

Occam

« Reply #402 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:03 am »
So far, so good. Haven't made any mistakes yet.....

:slap: Lawdy! How I envy you! My audio journey (and life in general) have been nothing BUT a series of mistakes, of greater and lesser import, as well as cost and time. But I do pride myself as not typically repeating those mistakes, coming up with new and original, dumbass mistakes.  As a manufacturer, I have many thousands in custom prototype cable, that are simply mistakes. But these mistakes inevitably get me closer to what I am seeking.  I rationalize these sequential, and ofttimes parallel, blunders under the heading of learning. YMMV

OzarkTom

« Reply #403 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:15 am »
Tom:

There are a few bands that did record correctly, Steely Dan and Jethro Tull come to mind, but these aren't hard rock bands...

I agree that most of the rock from the 60's, 70's and 80's was a vast wasteland as analog boards gave way to SS and then to the early incarnation of Digital. 

Jim

You are right Jim. But the latest improvements in my system even makes Steely Dan's Aja very compressed sounding. I may not have the newer remastered version, I will double check and order that one.

SD "Two Against Nature" and Donald Fagan's "Morph the Cat" sounds fantastic. I have a fairly recent live recording of Jethro Tull Live, and that one sounds pretty nice also.

Rclark

« Reply #404 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:19 am »
I guess I'll live. Everything else will sound good. Plus I have system 2 which is my GR monitors and sub, the Virtue will go there. This Maggie/Ncore will be the serious rig, I guess.

*Scotty*

« Reply #405 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:23 am »
It has been my painful experience that it is the mistakes that you have made that you are blissfully unaware of that hurt the most when they finally come around and bite you in the ass.
I call it having a Homer moment. D'oh!
Too old for this sh** am I getting.
Scotty

dflee

« Reply #406 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:39 am »
Occam: Good judgement comes from experience and Experience comes from bad judgement.
Go figure.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #407 on: 19 Mar 2012, 01:41 am »
I guess this topic has run its course.