M - 5 comming my way.

jazzman463

Re: M - 5 comming my way.
« Reply #40 on: 14 Dec 2019, 08:43 pm »
If   These things sound anywhere near as good as the CS 3’s, one of Clayton,s first OB designs, they will be stunning. That speaker was so “real” sounding that at times it  scared me .  Many times I busted out in laughter thinking the musicians were in the room with me.  The only reason I moved on was because because of all of that off board equipment associated with it.  Some of the best percussion drumming sounds  I have ever  heard. 

SnowPuppy77

Re: M - 5 comming my way.
« Reply #41 on: 15 Dec 2019, 12:19 am »
The mid-range on these speakers are great. Btw I have M5 another M3. My room is about 13x20 but the audio system is set up against the long wall so I am sitting about 8ft from the speakers. First 20-30 hr, I thought mid range was a bit edge but it smoothed out quite a bit after 50 hr. I had a few speakers in the past but I don’t do A-B anymore and i can only compare to Gallo 3.1 that I recently sold and Reference 3a Dulcet in my office. M5 is definitely has clearer mid-range and puncher bass. M5 soundstage is much larger than Gallo too. I always thought something is lacking with Gallo but I don’t feel that anymore with M5. I listen to female vocals a lot and m5 is a joy. Dulcets have a different characteristics than M5 since these are bookshelf speakers which I think more vocal-friendly in general. One thing I can say about M5 is that I can listen to M5 without getting fatigued and that is a lot of value to me.

Agree with these thoughts on vocals with the M3S.  This video review of the Spatial Room at CAF has a good vocal demo with the M3S.  I agree with the reviewer's conclusions when I hear good recordings.  That full palpable detailed bass in this video is what I am getting in my room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoHakZ7yhvs

Yes as the reviewer points out when broken in the bass does integrate effectively with the rest of the sonic spectrum.  I do not know how Clayton was able to make that little mid integrate so effectively with the huge woofer but he did.