Sully

Hi Sully

No plans on that front.

james

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: When will the BP6 & 26 get the Cubed treatment
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2019, 10:50 pm »
When can we expect a preamp which can wash the dishes? Do the laundry? do the dusting... I'm WAITING.....

bacmsl

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2019, 11:02 pm »
So, is there any chance of wireless or some sort of network player built in? As Mr. J.T. indicated there could be a DAC loaded in the unit. I have a BP26 that is about 10 years plus and it is a very nice build and sound quality, it has a phono with MM/MC built in. I like the remote power supply, gives it class and a sense of elegance. I've been waiting for Mr. Bryston to build a new high end pre.

Barry M   

klao

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jan 2019, 07:43 pm »
Three XLR inputs, please.  :P

veloceleste

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2019, 08:58 pm »
Built in BAX-1.  :D

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2019, 01:57 am »
Elizabeth,

I'm waiting for one that will fill out TurboTax and file the return.

Elizabeth

« Reply #26 on: 23 Jan 2019, 02:10 am »
All right!
We all want a full AI preamp, which besides sounding really great, and which can manage our retirement portfolio, Arrange weddings, anniversaries, quote all the great authors with pity statement was needed, wash the dishes, win big time all sports gambling wagers, clean the house, do the laundry, take the kids to school and back AND go to any and all meetings.. Buy groceries, sort the trash for recycling, do our taxes, Decode all forms of communication including all alien transmissions from outer space, Have a least a gazillion connections, and only cost $14.95 with a hundred year warranty.
We are waiting.

veloceleste

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jan 2019, 02:39 am »
All right!
We all want a full AI preamp, which besides sounding really great, and which can manage our retirement portfolio, Arrange weddings, anniversaries, quote all the great authors with pity statement was needed, wash the dishes, win big time all sports gambling wagers, clean the house, do the laundry, take the kids to school and back AND go to any and all meetings.. Buy groceries, sort the trash for recycling, do our taxes, Decode all forms of communication including all alien transmissions from outer space, Have a least a gazillion connections, and only cost $14.95 with a hundred year warranty.
We are waiting.
Reminds me of Tom Waits-"Step Right Up"

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #28 on: 23 Jan 2019, 02:45 am »

Reminds me of HAL, the 2001 computer.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jan 2019, 11:37 am »
These are very good points.  Frankly, I will stay away from any high-end preamp with a built-in digital section.  An analogue preamp can easily provide excellent fidelity for 10-20 years.  In contrast digital, especially HDMI, changes every 3-4 years.  I much prefer to buy a new DAC every 5-6 years if I can hear a difference.
I’d definitely stay away too. Unless I can easily swap out the digital section of it. I’d still be a bit weary though; what if I didn’t like it, but liked the analog section? What if the digital section upgrades weren’t as good as other sources? What about price? Too many what ifs.

I accept some things will be obsolete far quicker than others, just the inherent nature of things. Sources are at the top of that list, minus turntables.

Elizabeth

« Reply #30 on: 23 Jan 2019, 03:12 pm »
All I really want for Christmas from Santa (Bryston) is a nice EQ box. With five knobs, Bass, midbass, lower mids, upper mids, treble. with five more knobs giving the 'Q' of each tone control knob. and a 'Q' defeat switch for each, for those confused by 'Q'.
A switch with three positions for 'low level' listening. off, moderate, full.
And a master volume.

techguy0192

« Reply #31 on: 23 Jan 2019, 04:00 pm »
I’d definitely stay away too. Unless I can easily swap out the digital section of it. I’d still be a bit weary though; what if I didn’t like it, but liked the analog section? What if the digital section upgrades weren’t as good as other sources? What about price? Too many what ifs.

I accept some things will be obsolete far quicker than others, just the inherent nature of things. Sources are at the top of that list, minus turntables.

Hopefully, and based off what I'm hearing in the thread, the DAC section would be a replaceable module.  If that's the case, it would be absolutely ideal and provide a preamp that isn't out dated 10 or more years down the read. 

techguy0192

« Reply #32 on: 23 Jan 2019, 04:01 pm »
All I really want for Christmas from Santa (Bryston) is a nice EQ box. With five knobs, Bass, midbass, lower mids, upper mids, treble. with five more knobs giving the 'Q' of each tone control knob. and a 'Q' defeat switch for each, for those confused by 'Q'.
And a master volume.

A Bryston with tone controls would be like a McIntosh without them.   :rotflmao:

Elizabeth

« Reply #33 on: 23 Jan 2019, 04:41 pm »
A Bryston with tone controls would be like a McIntosh without them.   :rotflmao:
I think they would be great alongside the built in dishwasher/pizza oven.  8)

srb

« Reply #34 on: 23 Jan 2019, 04:46 pm »
Hopefully, and based off what I'm hearing in the thread, the DAC section would be a replaceable module.
It's good that you're able to hear that above all the silly non-productive noise.  ;)

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #35 on: 23 Jan 2019, 04:48 pm »
I'd be happy with a separate, decent, 5-channel EQ.  (Not a built-in, but a separate, with own power supply, with both RCA and XLR inputs and outputs.) 

The ones I've tried are somewhat shoddy.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #36 on: 25 Jan 2019, 09:48 pm »
And a master volume.

Elizabeth,

....should this EQ box be able to do the laundry, too??

al.

Elizabeth

« Reply #37 on: 25 Jan 2019, 10:08 pm »

Elizabeth,

....should this EQ box be able to do the laundry, too??

al.
EXCELLENT QUESTION!!!  :lol:
Short answer is YES. Maybe it could also cook dinner and dust please...
If folks are asking for the Moon, ask for the MOON!
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2019, 11:31 pm by Elizabeth »

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #38 on: 25 Jan 2019, 10:15 pm »

...i knew you would vote for it :lol:

al :green:

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #39 on: 27 Jan 2019, 03:38 am »
Hi James

Do you sell a longer power cable that connects the BP-26 and the MPS-2  so the MPS-2 can be placed further away or on a different shelf?

I'm getting a BP-26 for my son, and he asked me.