Re: OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs
« Reply #460 on: 24 Jan 2019, 02:03 am »
  thanks HAL. Yes, both whined when wired wrong all good now. :duh:

Captainhemo

« Reply #461 on: 27 Jan 2019, 07:15 pm »
got these wired up yesterday,  now up and  playing .  Wow :o
Need to  slice up  some  no rez  now

If we get things a  bit more organized  this aft, will  get  a  couple  more pics

jay

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #462 on: 27 Jan 2019, 09:36 pm »
Damn!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #463 on: 27 Jan 2019, 10:46 pm »
Yep. 

Those are going to be fun subs!    :D

JakeJ

« Reply #464 on: 28 Jan 2019, 02:41 am »
How big of a difference does the No-Rez make, Jay?  Any comments on how it changes the sound quality?

Thanks,
Jake

Captainhemo

« Reply #465 on: 28 Jan 2019, 04:50 am »
dam ,   yup     :lol:
And  Rich,  yeah,    they  are   and will continue to be fun.... a few  hours on them now  ...need  a  few  more.  Don did  some tweaks and  getting  better.

Jake,   haven't  done  a/b's  yet  (with / without  no-rez) .   That  being said,  Ihave no issue  using it on any speaker  build  now,  I first used no-rez  a  few  years back on  an Ob7 build  and   since, I've used it on every  build. Cheap insurance to help  reduce  and prevent  cabinet  resonance

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #466 on: 28 Jan 2019, 06:15 am »
How big of a difference does the No-Rez make, Jay?  Any comments on how it changes the sound quality?

Thanks,
Jake

In box speakers No Rez reduces cabinet coloration of the sound.  Vocals are clearer, detail is improved, bass is tighter and better defined.  It may seem expensive compared to alternatives but it really works well and is super easy to install.  I’ve used it in towers and bookshelf speakers and got great results.

JakeJ

« Reply #467 on: 28 Jan 2019, 02:50 pm »
Thanks, guys.  I was specifically asking in reference to its application in a subwoofer and an open baffle sub at that.  I thought maybe since Jay builds more of these than anybody else he might have listened to them with and without.

Danny Richie

« Reply #468 on: 28 Jan 2019, 04:33 pm »
Thanks, guys.  I was specifically asking in reference to its application in a subwoofer and an open baffle sub at that.  I thought maybe since Jay builds more of these than anybody else he might have listened to them with and without.

The effect on the open baffle woofers is the same. The bass response tightens up a bit and sounds cleaner across the board.

Captainhemo

« Reply #469 on: 28 Jan 2019, 05:56 pm »
I have  heard   different sets of these, some with, some without  no-rez but I've never    had  say a set of duals with and set without  to do a  direct  a/b comparison.
I  listened to a  set of duals I through together  for temp use  with no no-rez.....   had them in here for a bout  2 or 3 months  and they  sounded great.  Had I ever  gone  and finished them (ended up using for another project) they'd  have   been treated with no-rez because  I do believe there are improvements. 
As mentioned,   we use it for all our finished  cabinets/speakers.... have done so  ever since I first used it back  with my Ob7 build.
It's money well spent.

jay

tnargs

« Reply #470 on: 16 May 2019, 08:54 am »
got these wired up yesterday,  now up and  playing .  Wow :o
Need to  slice up  some  no rez  now

If we get things a  bit more organized  this aft, will  get  a  couple  more pics

jay

Hi, can I jump in late and ask a couple of questions please.

I can't see the HX800 amp on the GR website. Where does one find it or order it, and what is the price?

With one amp and multiple drivers, how do you wire up the servo function? From amp to one driver, or to all drivers?

thanks guys

Danny Richie

« Reply #471 on: 16 May 2019, 02:21 pm »
Hi, can I jump in late and ask a couple of questions please.

I can't see the HX800 amp on the GR website. Where does one find it or order it, and what is the price?

With one amp and multiple drivers, how do you wire up the servo function? From amp to one driver, or to all drivers?

thanks guys

Rythmik has discontinued the HX800 amps. The way we are now handling multiple groups is by using the A370XLR2 amps: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/amplifiers.html

They can be used as a master and slave combination where the settings on one unit control them both. Or settings can be used individually to further control the response or each group. 

Captainhemo

« Reply #472 on: 16 May 2019, 02:58 pm »
As Danny says, then   you wire  each group of  2 or 3 woofer  driver coils in parallel,  servo coils in series.
olarity depends on driver  orientation. See  here:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149708.msg1600884#msg1600884

jay

emailtim

« Reply #473 on: 16 May 2019, 05:06 pm »
Rythmik has discontinued the HX800 amps. ...

Bummer.   :(

Danny Richie

« Reply #474 on: 16 May 2019, 07:34 pm »
Bummer.   :(

Actually I like the dual A370 amps better.

WC

« Reply #475 on: 16 May 2019, 08:00 pm »
Actually I like the dual A370 amps better.

They do take up twice as much floor space.

Danny Richie

« Reply #476 on: 16 May 2019, 08:36 pm »
They do take up twice as much floor space.

That's true.

tnargs

« Reply #477 on: 16 May 2019, 09:38 pm »
Rythmik has discontinued the HX800 amps. The way we are now handling multiple groups is by using the A370XLR2 amps: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/amplifiers.html

They can be used as a master and slave combination where the settings on one unit control them both. Or settings can be used individually to further control the response or each group.
Oh thanks for this info. What about the HX600 amps? They are listed as 'New' on the Rhythmik web page you linked. But OTOH Hypex seem to have changed their HX series of plate amps over to FA series (Fusion), so maybe they are discontinued at source.

I won't deny I am partial to Hypex. Their Fusion plate amps have pretty nice EQ built-in, too. Is there any way to DIY adapt one of their stock amps for use as a servo amp with GRR's servo subwoofer SW-12-16FR? Or are the servo amps more customised than just have a couple of 'amplifier small leads' attached somewhere?

I also don't know how one decides when to use an XLR2 or an XLR3 variant of the Rhythmik amps.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #478 on: 16 May 2019, 09:53 pm »
Oh thanks for this info. What about the HX600 amps? They are listed as 'New' on the Rhythmik web page you linked. But OTOH Hypex seem to have changed their HX series of plate amps over to FA series (Fusion), so maybe they are discontinued at source.

I won't deny I am partial to Hypex. Their Fusion plate amps have pretty nice EQ built-in, too. Is there any way to DIY adapt one of their stock amps for use as a servo amp with GRR's servo subwoofer SW-12-16FR? Or are the servo amps more customised than just have a couple of 'amplifier small leads' attached somewhere?

I also don't know how one decides when to use an XLR2 or an XLR3 variant of the Rhythmik amps.

I can shed some light on the XLR2 vs XLR3 question. The XLR2 has one pair of balanced inputs and one pair of balanced outputs. You would use this one when you want to daisy chain the input signal from one amp to another. The XLR3 has two pairs of balanced inputs but no balanced outputs. You use this version if you want to have more than one source sending a signal to the sub.

Mike

tnargs

« Reply #479 on: 16 May 2019, 10:34 pm »
 :thumb: :beer: