So many Cheapish Chinese DAC's

2channelman

• Greetings Fellow Water Buffalo.
So many Cheapish Chinese DAC's
« on: 3 Feb 2021, 04:23 am »
One that has me curious is the Loxjie D30 which is $225 CDN.
Anyone have one? played with one?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: So many Cheapish Chinese DAC's
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2021, 07:28 am »
I have the same chip set in the Topping E30 and it's a sweet sounding unit.   I think this is a new model as it wasn't available when I looked a month or two ago, but I'm a little confused on that.  The AKM plant burned down a few months ago and the news was no new chips for over a year.  Did they have that much inventory?  Regardless, it doesn't matter as you only need the one in your unit.  It adds bluetooth, headphone out, and an internal power supply to the Topping's features for $40 oops, $20 more, the Topping went up, here in the states ($149 vs $169).  I very much like that this one gets rid of the silly pyramid case on the other Loxjie models.  If it's in your price range I'd go for it, seems to click off all the boxes in its price range and above.   I wonder if Topping and SMSL will have a similar model soon.

dB Cooper

Re: So many Cheapish Chinese DAC's
« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2021, 04:16 pm »
Very happy with my SMSL Sanskrit II which I actually 'traded down' to from a more expensive 'multibit' unit. Great sound but customer service support (I wrote the company with a technical question via email and facebook) is nonexistent.

viggen