Issues with BDP-1 as Roon endpoint and USB output.

Yitaro

Issues with BDP-1 as Roon endpoint and USB output.
« on: 28 Sep 2020, 07:10 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me here.  Undated the MM to the latest version.  When streaming music with Roon and using the AES output of the BDP-1, everything is working fine.  I run into issues when trying to use the usb output of the bdp-1.  I would get sound for the first 4 seconds of the beginning of the first track and then Roon throws an streaming error "network is to slow to stream" and then it skip to the next track and it keep on skipping till it reaches the end of the playlist.
When I switch out my bdp-1 to bdp-2, the usb output of bdp-2 with Roon is working fine.  What could the issue with the bdp-1?

krustykat

Re: Issues with BDP-1 as Roon endpoint and USB output.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2020, 07:43 pm »
I had a similar problem with a different setup.  I traced the problem to my 2 meter USB cable, it worked with some DACs and didn't work with others.  A shorter high quality usb cable fixed that problem

Yitaro

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2020, 07:54 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  The shortest usb cable I have is 1.5m and still having issue.  With the same cable connected to bdp-2, usb output is working. 

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2020, 12:32 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  The shortest usb cable I have is 1.5m and still having issue.  With the same cable connected to bdp-2, usb output is working.

will it work with either BDP if you use MPD as the playback method?

vonnie123

« Reply #4 on: 2 Oct 2020, 08:15 pm »
My experience is the BDP-1 with USB is that performance is iffy.  AES/EBU and BNC work great.  I've had two of them, and still have one. 

The BDP-2 w/ IAD (I have two of them) is rock solid with USB.