win a nm Cary amp to benefit Gary

harley52

win a nm Cary amp to benefit Gary
« on: 14 Apr 2014, 06:41 pm »
 I will donate to Gary Dodd all funds over $1800. Minimum acceptable  bid is $$2200 plus shipping and insurance.I'll post bids here so you have an idea where things stand. All funds will be sent to Danny for distribution.

You will be bidding on a silver Cary CAD 120S mk.2 in near mint condition. There are some light swirls marks on top of the transformer cover. No dents, scratches or a mark on this thing. Built in 2008. I'm the second owner. Power is 120 wpc in ultralinear  and 60 wpc in triode. Switchable on the fly. Bias meters are on the front of the unit. I don't know the age of the Gold Lion KT88 power tubes but the input tubes are new EH 6sn7's. Have original double box and pkg. along with owners manual. Pics can be viewed at Audiogon .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I will post when bidding is closed. I hope this only takes a few days as Gary needs immediate help. Not next month. I'll play it by ear as to when I close the bidding but, I'm thinking seven days is enough time. Please remember when bidding that your offer is a commitment to Gary that you'll pay up.

SoCalWJS thank you, just reminded me what type payment is accepted. Pls. contact Danny as to the form of payment as he will be the person to distribute the proceeds. Maybe he will post it here.

Thanks everyone,
Steve
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2014, 04:30 pm by harley52 »

SoCalWJS

Re: win a nm Cary amp to benefit Gary
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2014, 07:44 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Wow! Very generous of you! Quick question - method of payment for winning bid?

I may place a bid on this.

harley52

Re: win a nm Cary amp to benefit Gary
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2014, 07:02 pm »
bump