Maestro ac outlets

Jon L

Re: Maestro ac outlets
« Reply #20 on: 17 Aug 2010, 04:41 am »
Wow.  You stuck an IeGo power cord on it?
I see the outlet surface is not flush to the wood surface; do you have any problems with large audiophile male plugs not plugging all the way in?

Even on my aluminum face, those protruding "lips" around the outlet interfere with some of the larger male plugs from plugging all the way flush..

srb

« Reply #21 on: 17 Aug 2010, 04:44 am »
You can just buy a $4. wall plate, no need for the weather proof plate($7-8). A stainless steel plate is about $4...or get a wooden plate...the aluminum box JonL used is good.

If you really cared about your receptacles, you would get them an aluminum framed carbon fiber plate.

Steve

mjosef

« Reply #22 on: 17 Aug 2010, 05:00 am »
Wow.  You stuck an IeGo power cord on it?
I see the outlet surface is not flush to the wood surface; do you have any problems with large audiophile male plugs not plugging all the way in?

Even on my aluminum face, those protruding "lips" around the outlet interfere with some of the larger male plugs from plugging all the way flush..

:lol:
Yeah, remember when IeGo was all the rage. THis was actually a Felix build, had to use the 1" extension. ANd no, all my plugs were able to be seated properly.
I do currently have a duplex breakout box with a Stainless Steel faceplate, but no pix to show.

mjosef

« Reply #23 on: 17 Aug 2010, 05:03 am »

If you really cared about your receptacles, you would get them an aluminum framed carbon fiber plate.

Steve

Too rich for my blood.
Mhnnn, maybe I could line the underside of my SS plate with carbon paper...then I could boast...carbon paper lined for acoustic transflumagation.  :lol:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #24 on: 17 Aug 2010, 12:06 pm »
My units have shipped and are on their way.  Presently using the Acme cryo'd units from Dedicated Audio in the 3 wall outlets.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #25 on: 3 Sep 2010, 12:36 am »
  These outlets do go through a lot changes at first they sounded closed-in and then they opened up and sounded very tube-like and on day 30 they had a hardness with vocals and this stayed in my system until day 41. Now some of that tube-like effect is coming back and the hardness in the vocals is almost gone now. Over on audiogon forum someone posted that it took 59 day to hear the full potential of his Tripoint Audio Spartan power conditioner....this power conditioner has the Maestro outlets in it too.  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1280092337
« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2010, 01:58 am by HiFiSoundGuy »

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #26 on: 7 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm »
  These maestro outlets are starting to open up more and sounding better and that hardness in the vocals is gone now. I 'm going to wait another 2 or 3 weeks before posting anything else so I can see how much more these outlets will improve but I will say this much, what I'm hearing now is..... VERY ADDICTIVE !.....

gstraley

« Reply #27 on: 8 Sep 2010, 01:41 pm »
Jon L,
  How did you wire that box up? If you took your two wires and went to one outlet and then jumpered 2 shorter wires to the other outlet your second outlet is now getting it's power through the first outlet and the 2nd pair of short wires. If you wired the 2nd outlet first and then jumpered to the first outlet you would get a different sound. The way to correctly do it is to have a buss bar that the 2 wires that come into the box are wired to. Then you take 2 wires off the buss bar and go into one of the outlets. Then you would have to take another 2 wires from the buss bar and then wire the 2nd outlet. If you do not do it this way you are also listening to the first outlet when you are listening to the 2nd outlet. One could take the wire coming in and attach 2 wires to it and then use a large wire nut. Do the same thing to the other wire coming in. That would basically give you the same thing and might actually be better because you would not have the metal buss bar imparting it's sound.

Gregg

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #28 on: 11 Sep 2010, 12:37 am »
  One of my friends just got a Anthem i-225 Integrated amp and he told me that I could use it when I do the updated review on the maestro outlets. Its going to take about 500 hours to break-in the Anthem amp really good so it might be a month or so before I do this updated review on the maestro outlets now. These maestro outlets just keep getting better and better as the days go by now !...

Berto

« Reply #29 on: 11 Sep 2010, 02:10 am »
  One of my friends just got a Anthem i-225 Integrated amp and he told me that I could use it when I do the updated review on the maestro outlets. Its going to take about 500 hours to break-in the Anthem amp really good so it might be a month or so before I do this updated review on the maestro outlets now. These maestro outlets just keep getting better and better as the days go by now !...

One might thing you own part of the co. since just about every Maestro review on every site happens to be yours :scratch:

Perhaps you are just so gobmacked and these outlets are SOO good, that you can't stop praising/reviewing them. Hope it's the latter :wink:

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #30 on: 11 Sep 2010, 03:19 pm »
One might thing you own part of the co. since just about every Maestro review on every site happens to be yours :scratch:

Perhaps you are just so gobmacked and these outlets are SOO good, that you can't stop praising/reviewing them. Hope it's the latter :wink:
  No, I have no connection with this product in any way. I think more people should know about these GREAT outlets......they are DAMN GOOOOOD OUTLETS !... They need to re-name these outlets......" MUSICALITY OUTLETS " !.....

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #31 on: 11 Sep 2010, 06:12 pm »
  No, I have no connection with this product in any way. I think more people should know about these GREAT outlets......they are DAMN GOOOOOD OUTLETS !... They need to re-name these outlets......" MUSICALITY OUTLETS " !.....

Well you now have a dozen posts that say the same thing,,,, how many more posts do you think it'll take for you to say what you feel the need to say???  :scratch:  Your repetitous posts are getting sorta old for more than just 1 reader (that be me!) and I'm the 1st to harp the benefits of AC outlets. But you can only say the same thing soooo many times before folks start questioning your agenda.  :o

FWIW, I feel the same way about the IC/SC wire harpies who feel the need to post the same message for months on end for whatever reason(free or discounted cables maybe??).  :roll:

Cheers,
Robin

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #32 on: 14 Sep 2010, 03:58 am »
  Some of you that are trying out these maestro outlets might want to try my teflon tape on the ac prongs tweak, it took my maestro outlets to a whole new level !... The power lines do vibrate A LOT and this tweak helps dampen the vibrations and lowers the noise floor. Here's some pictures of this teflon tape tweak here...  http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/16/165450.html

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #33 on: 24 Sep 2010, 10:27 pm »
  Here's another cheap tweak that dampens those vibrations coming from the power lines even more !...  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1237170946&read&keyw&zzblu+note+audio