Ahem.....

jvc

Ahem.....
« on: 23 Feb 2012, 01:56 pm »
My MB-D11 battery grip was delivered yesterday. I've been looking forward to this. I had to wait for our tax refund.
Man, I'm loving this thing! The camera feels so much better in my big hands now. It's like I got a whole new camera. Sure, it adds some weight, but I don't mind at all. In fact, I like the extra weight. It makes me feel like I have more control now. It helps to balance the camera, especially with the 70-300mm lens on it. I doubt my wife will like the extra weight though, and probably too bulky for her now. She has tiny hands.

I've read at some photo forums that people have had a problem with it being a little loose. This one is very tight on the camera, as if it and the camera were all one piece. It's more like a pro model with this on. I already had an extra battery, so I was good to go, straight out of the box. The build quality is very good. I doubt I'll ever use the tray that holds the 6 AA batteries. The regular camera batteries last forever, and having two of them should hold me for anything I'll ever do, since I'm not a pro and shooting a lot everyday. If any of you D7k owners were considering this grip, you won't be sorry if you get it.
If you've not tried one, you don't know what a difference it makes. :)