Sound cutting out from right channel

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Sound cutting out from right channel
« Reply #40 on: 10 Jul 2018, 01:44 am »
Per chance do you made a video from this amp running in defective performance with real time sound? If so post on YT and send the link to the dealer.

jules

« Reply #41 on: 10 Jul 2018, 02:08 am »
You've given a lot of useful detail about how and when the fault occurs and while you name three problems, it seems they all come down to the one point which has something to do with an intermittent connection related to the attenuater. Without looking at the amp it's impossible to name the fault but it looks like a manufacturing fault and probably something quite minor.

You could try sending an email to France. The designers of the layout/circuitry should get a good idea from your set of all your observations, about what and where the problem could lie. My own experience with Chinese audio is that it can be first class, particularly in board design and workmanship, though it's like anything else, there are good and bad manufacturers. Chinese products do sometimes use fake or poor quality components and that can be a problem but that's a topic for another thread. The French designer would be responsible for quality control and component choice of course,

I completely agree with JLM above:

Don't be shy, just stick to the facts, repeat as necessary, and hold your ground (no need to get upset or hostile).  You paid money in good faith that you'd get a working amp and it's not working for you, they can't fix it, so replace or refund (your choice).  If they don't cooperate with you, tell them you're going to Visa and tell everyone you can about their poor practices.

If you can work with the dealer it's your best option. You need to to prove, one way or another, that the fault exists. If they don't accept that, it's on to plan B and Visa. If you can't get your money back, repairing the amp might not be too hard for an expert, though I'm wondering if your dealer has those skills or is just a sales outlet?

foot note: FRMs suggestion is excellent. He posted while I was writing

mick wolfe

« Reply #42 on: 10 Jul 2018, 02:32 am »
I wouldn't invest another minute on that amp. And the dealer doesn't inspire any confidence either. Box it up and send it back. If the dealer balks in any way, just deal with VISA. In fact and if you haven't already, open up a dialog with them (VISA) tomorrow. Explain the situation and see where you stand before talking to the dealer on Wednesday.

Kw6

« Reply #43 on: 10 Jul 2018, 03:35 am »
Mike I called  visa this morning they said I can dispute it.

Kw6

« Reply #44 on: 10 Jul 2018, 03:39 am »
Jules I will call France tonite but will probably go the refund route as Mike said this dealer doesn't  inspire confidence.

Kw6

« Reply #45 on: 10 Jul 2018, 03:40 am »
Fullrangeman I should have done that.😐

Kw6

« Reply #46 on: 10 Jul 2018, 03:42 am »
The amp has been at the dealer for over a week now so can't video anymore.

Kw6

« Reply #47 on: 10 Jul 2018, 03:48 am »
Yeah I'm not saying  stuff in China are all bad. Just the luck of the draw. This amp look beautiful  without any cosmetic flaws. Sounds really good too!

Kw6

« Reply #48 on: 10 Jul 2018, 03:57 am »
It's really  strange  they couldn't find  anything wrong  with  it.  I thought  they would write and tell me they replace volume  control  module  or something  like that! I really  appreciate  all the feeback & answers I have been getting. Relieves the stress of situation. Wonderful audio community!😊

Kw6

« Reply #49 on: 11 Jul 2018, 02:30 am »
It's funny I just read on another site  Audiogon  a guy who bought a Hegel H20 amp had sound cut out on right channel and manufacturer & dealer would not help him and blamed his system. The who like me not close to dealer had to sell amp back to dealer at a loss. Guy replaced Hegel  with tube Atmasphere amp and all is well.

Btw I have a contact whom I met through a chat group like this one. He lives 20 mins from dealer.  He is willing to  verify  the sound for me at dealer.  Also he has heard  another story   about their  service  center which is not good.  I will talk to him tomorrow. I need ammo to give to Visa to get my refund.

jules

« Reply #50 on: 11 Jul 2018, 04:01 am »
It's slightly silly isn't it? If both channels cut out there'd be no question about a fault but with one cutting out it's sort of "well there's some sound coming out so we won't give you a refund"

The who like me not close to dealer had to sell amp back to dealer at a loss

Which potentially could mean they get it fixed cheaply and sell it to make more profit, which they wouldn't deserve.

If Visa won't do the right thing you might be best off getting the amp back, finding a good repair person [always good to have] and getting it fixed before you decide if you want  to keep it or get rid of it.

Kw6

« Reply #51 on: 11 Jul 2018, 06:12 am »
I will try for refund  Jules! It's just unlucky I got amp that can no longer behave properly with my speakers. Hopefully the person who is going to help me can be my witness  on how they  service customers. Also  that person can drive to store to hear my amp just to make sure amp  is fine like they say but I want them to hook it up to  Martin  Logan esl-x which  they do carry in the store.

Kw6

« Reply #52 on: 11 Jul 2018, 05:31 pm »
Called dealer this morning  now he says I was unclear telling him problem originated  in volume control he now says will focus on right  channel. I guess telling him I sought advice from audio  community  help him reconsider.  I was afraid he would say we found nothing as per previous email and send it back to me blaming my  system. He  stated  we now know it's not and external problem and focus on the amp.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #53 on: 11 Jul 2018, 09:05 pm »
Which potentially could mean they get it fixed cheaply and sell it to make more profit, which they wouldn't deserve.
...and sell it to another custumer as new.
If Visa won't do the right thing you might be best off getting the amp back, finding a good repair person [always good to have] and getting it fixed before you decide if you want  to keep it or get rid of it.
If he get the amp again he could make a detailed video on the faulted performance of this amp and post in on YT, Fb, Tweeter etc and send the links to the Dealer and the factory in France, something will happen.

jules

« Reply #54 on: 12 Jul 2018, 12:39 am »
Fingers crossed kw6, you might be getting some action out of them ...

Kw6

« Reply #55 on: 12 Jul 2018, 07:16 am »
Thanks  Jules!😊

Kw6

« Reply #56 on: 12 Jul 2018, 07:23 am »
Yes Fullrangeman  if I get it back  and they said they  fixed  problem and I have same issue I will make a video. Btw I just  had  their sales policy translated to me from French.  Seems they offer no refund  but you get store  credit to use within a year  of issue.

Kw6

« Reply #57 on: 12 Jul 2018, 07:24 am »
If things go  sideways  I hope Visa can work with  me on this!