The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread
« Reply #440 on: 28 Jul 2018, 05:36 pm »
Thanks Jay

That’s as pictured, without a bottom, correct?

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #441 on: 28 Jul 2018, 05:48 pm »
Thanks Jay

Mike

yes

jay

Early B.

« Reply #442 on: 28 Jul 2018, 06:49 pm »

Where would one place the crossover? Will you guys offer a matching, separate box behind the baffle with pre-drilled holes for wires and binding posts? Or does the kit consist of solely of baffles, drivers, and crossover parts?

Nick77

« Reply #443 on: 28 Jul 2018, 08:14 pm »
Without reading the whole thread, I was wondering how much room these need? Would 14x18 work?  :popcorn:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #444 on: 28 Jul 2018, 08:32 pm »
Without reading the whole thread, I was wondering how much room these need? Would 14x18 work?  :popcorn:

My room is 12x20 and they work exceptionally well in it.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #445 on: 28 Jul 2018, 09:25 pm »
The number of pages in this thread is intimidating....has a total cost for flat pack + drivers + crossover parts + ?? = $$$$ been worked out yet?

Michael

Tyson

« Reply #446 on: 28 Jul 2018, 09:31 pm »
The number of pages in this thread is intimidating....has a total cost for flat pack + drivers + crossover parts + ?? = $$$$ been worked out yet?

Michael

True - maybe we should split the Super 7 Kit posts into a separate thread....

WC

« Reply #447 on: 28 Jul 2018, 10:53 pm »

Michael

Drivers are roughly $3500. So the upper baffle/flat pack, crossover parts, and misc speaker parts costs would need to be added in.

Captainhemo

« Reply #448 on: 29 Jul 2018, 03:53 pm »
Drivers are roughly $3500. So the upper baffle/flat pack, crossover parts, and misc speaker parts costs would need to be added in.

Note, that  estimate   on the drivers  would  include the  4  SW12 16FR's and  2  A370PEQ servo amps

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #449 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:49 pm »
I was gonna say if you have the OB subs then it won't cost that much.  I'm already saving my pennies.  :bounce:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #450 on: 29 Jul 2018, 06:06 pm »
You’re still looking at $1,800 for the drivers plus crossovers, wire, tube connectors, flatpacks, shipping, and finishing. Definately a significant savings over building the H-Frames too but still a chunck of change.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #451 on: 29 Jul 2018, 06:12 pm »
You’re still looking at $1,800 for the drivers plus crossovers, wire, tube connectors, flatpacks, shipping, and finishing. Definately a significant savings over building the H-Frames too but still a chunck of change.

True.  But a hell of a lot cheaper than $20K!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #452 on: 29 Jul 2018, 09:52 pm »
True.  But a hell of a lot cheaper than $20K!

You got that straight  :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #453 on: 29 Jul 2018, 11:51 pm »
Thanks for the update. I had a feeling those caps would come around. Price of admission is pretty high though. The same can be said for the Dueland caps. Great caps, but man they're pricey.

Speaking of the Super-7's again...

I have dissembled my listening system and won't have a new one built for a while. The new listening room at the new shop will be 16 feet wide and 38 feet deep.  :thumb:  But it will take a lot of work to build it into the ideal dedicated room that I need it to be. It's being torn down to bare studs.

So this gorgeous pair of Super-7's are setting idle, covered up in a corner, and not being played.  :duh: 

I need to find a new home for this pair. They deserve to be playing for someone. Make me a serious offer and I might take it.
Danny, I was looking to see if there was a photo showing the Plate Amp(s) and their enclosures for these, but didn't see one. By chance, do you have a photo of one or both?

(trying to see the setup and how easy it would be, in my room, to swap out RCA's from the HT vs the 2 channel rig)

AKLegal

« Reply #454 on: 30 Jul 2018, 12:38 am »
Yup.
for guys  who don't  already  have subs,  I've been    working the idea of  having these drop  directly on the  top of  one of our modular sections or possibly  having  a different  top  for   the non modular  duals,  .

I'd love to see the mock up of this.  I have H-Frames that I built, so they suck.  I'd replace them with yours if I decided to build out the Super 7.

Captainhemo

« Reply #455 on: 30 Jul 2018, 12:51 am »
I'd love to see the mock up of this.  I have H-Frames that I built, so they suck.  I'd replace them with yours if I decided to build out the Super 7.

hey  Alfred  :wave:
I'm also working on something  else to do  withthe  S7's that may interest you.   patience....... I'm getting there  with this , it's taking me   a bit  longer  than I'd expected......

jay

SoCalWJS

« Reply #456 on: 2 Aug 2018, 01:40 pm »
Took the plunge and ordered Danny's Super 7's. Can't wait. Now I need to get serious about moving my current speakers.

Thanks Danny! Eagerly looking forward to these speakers. I remember how much I enjoyed them at RMAF.

Oh, and....

Happy Birthday Danny! :banana piano: :dance: :wine: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

soundofrockets

« Reply #457 on: 2 Aug 2018, 02:31 pm »
Congrats John.

Tyson

« Reply #458 on: 2 Aug 2018, 02:32 pm »
Took the plunge and ordered Danny's Super 7's. Can't wait. Now I need to get serious about moving my current speakers.

Thanks Danny! Eagerly looking forward to these speakers. I remember how much I enjoyed them at RMAF.

Oh, and....

Happy Birthday Danny! :banana piano: :dance: :wine: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Congrats!!  You are going to LOVE those speakers. I think this brings us up to 8 official Super 7 Owners in this thread now :thumb:

And Happy Birthday Danny!!!

Captainhemo

« Reply #459 on: 2 Aug 2018, 03:08 pm »
Congrats  John  :beer:

Happy  birthday  Danny   :beer:

jay