Jim, you weren't just kidding

Lizard84

Jim, you weren't just kidding
« on: 6 Sep 2014, 11:22 am »
Jim, I'm very pleased with the WOW1's and the 12" Salk/Rythmik sub.

The WOW1's and the sub sound great in two channel and the 3rd WOW1 is working great as the center. I remember when I first spoke to you about the build I requested a 15" sub and you said unless I was trying to recreate an earthquake I would be fine with the 12" and save some money at the same time. You could not have been more right!

We were watching "Man of Steel" last night and I'm happy to say that if needed, I can recreate something akin to an earthquake with the 12" just fine. When we first moved in to condo living 18 months ago I had some reservations but knowing we were unit 2 and units 1 & 3 were part timers and hardly ever there assured me that all would be fine in our move to the waterfront condo. I was asked by the owners of #4 what kind of stereo I had once, he said couldn't hear it but he thought he felt something with my old maggie and sub combo.

Sadly, his situation has not improved, quite the contrary... :lol:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Jim, you weren't just kidding
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2014, 05:52 am »
Hi, Lizard.

I've come ever so close to buying a pair of WOW1's a couple of times as they could well fit one of my rooms. I'm still undecided there. Nonetheless, I know what you are experiencing with the Rythmik 12 because I just received my F12G sub from Rythmik on Friday.  It is nothing short of amazing in my opinion. It is !!!!!!!!!! good. I had to step outside just to make sure my neighbors weren't on the verge of calling the cops. (They weren't.) It's hard to believe that much boom, crash, smash, pow....mostly stays inside, but it does.

I'm in love.

Enjoy!

Lizard84

Re: Jim, you weren't just kidding
« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2014, 09:56 am »
Hi, Lizard.

I've come ever so close to buying a pair of WOW1's a couple of times as they could well fit one of my rooms. I'm still undecided there. Nonetheless, I know what you are experiencing with the Rythmik 12 because I just received my F12G sub from Rythmik on Friday.  It is nothing short of amazing in my opinion. It is !!!!!!!!!! good. I had to step outside just to make sure my neighbors weren't on the verge of calling the cops. (They weren't.) It's hard to believe that much boom, crash, smash, pow....mostly stays inside, but it does.

I'm in love.

Enjoy!

I know what you're saying! I have sub on a SubDude Subwoofer Isolation Riser, I think I may try setting a IsoAcoustics sub unit on the subdude to increase my isolation. I use the IsoAcoustics under my 3 WOW1's.

I'm loveing the speakers myself working great for my 15x15 condo living room.